Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need help with BOV

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 11:56 AM
fernandito7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with BOV

Well, i got my greddy TT the other day and before i start the install i need to know any recommendations on which BOV to buy. Does it have to be universal to fit? ALso what is this issue with the flange? I am not familiar with this. Some stores charge $20-30 for a flange to be put on but i dont understand what this means. I am fairly new to stuff like this so any help would be appreciated. I also heard that Yancy got the Turbo XS RFL and just want to know how loud this really is. Thanks everone.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

blowoffvalves.com is a good resource on different BOVs available.. typically you should put the bov away from the MAF... if its too close it might cause some issues with the car's sensors measuring air flow rate and mixture.

Greddy type S is good for low boost applications ( like our Z) and it has a fairly high pitched/loud noise.. i had it with my SC maxima. but i had spring issues with it and it kept being stuck open...

for my turbo project, i opted to go with the HKS SSQV (super sequential bov).. it has dual valves that will release pressures when there is really little boost (i.e. under 2) and a quicker release at higher boost (8+) they have different size flanges.. like a 50mm or 65mm stainless steel or a 60mm aluminum (i think those are the sizes)... generally the bigger the flange, the more air can be released but really that not that big of an issue, espically with our low boost kits..

just get which ever you like.. they all relatively do the same thing.... TurboXSis REALLY REALLY loud, even at low boost levels... so if you want to be heard. go with that and custom weld the flange to your intercooler piping