Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Tuning Greddy e-manage (password?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 11:04 AM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Greddy e-manage (password?)

To anyone who is tuning the pre-programmed e-manage for the 350Z tt kit......how are you doing it? I was under the impression that there was a password on the unit to keep people out of it and messing with the supplied base maps.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Yancy

profec e-01 boost controller - designed by Greddy as a combination boost-controller, data display/logger, and e-manage programmer.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:20 PM
g356gear

Originally posted by Yancy
profec e-01 boost controller - designed by Greddy as a combination boost-controller, data display/logger, and e-manage programmer.
I am refering to the pre-programmed e-manage that comes with the kit. I need to know how to access it if I don't have an e-o1 to make the changes.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:13 PM
jak

What yancy is saying is you can't get into the pre-programmed e-manage so people are using the profec e-01 boost controller along with e-manage and new maps.

Jeff
Old 01-27-2004, 05:47 AM
g356gear

I suppose the other option would be to buy a new e-manage and taylor it to you're own preference and engine set-up. The amounts of timing that are taken out seem to be fairly close between the different kits -2 degrees low down, -4 degrees mid range, and -6 to-8 degrees up top. The rest would just be A/F tuning.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:51 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by jak
What yancy is saying is you can't get into the pre-programmed e-manage so people are using the profec e-01 boost controller along with e-manage and new maps.

Jeff

Are they using the e-01 to access the locked e-manage that comes with the kit or are they using the e-01 with a brand new e-manage to tune the kit?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:34 AM
ZMike

Yes, basically you cannot touch Greddy's tune. I don't think they will EVER give the password. I think you need to erase the E-Manage somehow and start from scratch.

As for timing, i was under the assumption that Greddy only gives you the main and injector harness. i've never seen a picture of the ignition harness included. so i imagine it's running on stock timing.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:03 AM
12SecZ

So there isn't like a "GOD MODE" or anything, that sucks.

Someone will hack it eventually.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:46 AM
etx

"i've never seen a picture of the ignition harness included. so i imagine it's running on stock timing."

Connecting the ignition to the emanage would be simple. I assume the VQ uses waste spark so it's probably got 3 grounds to control the coil packs. Cut the ground between the ecu and the coil packs and connect them to the ignition signal input / outout of the emanage. done.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:19 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by ZMike
Yes, basically you cannot touch Greddy's tune. I don't think they will EVER give the password. I think you need to erase the E-Manage somehow and start from scratch.

As for timing, i was under the assumption that Greddy only gives you the main and injector harness. i've never seen a picture of the ignition harness included. so i imagine it's running on stock timing.
Then a new e-manage box would be the way to go and replace the one that comes with the kit. For a couple hundred bucks it would seem to be the most logical choice.Then laptop tune it to where you need it.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:32 AM
MrBonus

Crap. So there's no way to reset the EPROM (I'm assuming that's what it uses for memory) if you were to buy an E-Manage from someone?

I'm asking because I have an Evo and was considering buying an E-Manage off of a member here from their TT kit. I already have a Profec B - Spec II so I don't want to buy an E0-1.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:45 AM
spazpilot

you can reset the emanage, even the ones that come with the kits. On the eo-1 profec just hit initialize and that will erase all programming. With the software there is an option under one of the tabs if I remember correctly.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:57 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spazpilot speaks the truth. you can basically "reformat" the e-manage and use it however you please. You can do it thru the E-O1 or thru the laptop software.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:07 AM
g356gear

Then what is the purpose of the password that blocks changes?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:59 AM
spazpilot

Originally posted by g356gear
Then what is the purpose of the password that blocks changes?

For Greddy to get there turbo carb approve there can not be a way to manipulate the ecu, so they block the emanage with a password.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:15 AM
ZMike

Originally posted by spazpilot
For Greddy to get there turbo carb approve there can not be a way to manipulate the ecu, so they block the emanage with a password.
is Greddy TT CARB approved? I didn't think it could be. The Greddy Emanage itself is not CARB approved. it says so right in the instruction manual.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 AM
g356gear

you can reset the emanage, even the ones that come with the kits. On the eo-1 profec just hit initialize and that will erase all programming. With the software there is an option under one of the tabs if I remember correctly.
If you reset it does that take the password lock with it? I wonder if you can still access and view the programming without being able to make changes? The reason I ask is I am curious if you could copy the file into the laptop and then re-load it into a new e-manage without a password so they you could tune all you needed. At the least I would hope you could access the files and copy or print out the curves so you could re-input then to a new e-manage.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:13 AM
spazpilot

If you reset it it will take the lock off. It will be ALLLLLLLL gone. I tried to view it with the eo-1 and it won't let you at all. It first asks for the password. So you can't even view it to re input the values.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:54 AM
g356gear

If you reset it it will take the lock off. It will be ALLLLLLLL gone. I tried to view it with the eo-1 and it won't let you at all. It first asks for the password. So you can't even view it to re input the values.
So we are SURE there is a total reset function for a locked e-manage. Has anyone done this themselves yet? This is a main issue for me as to whether I go with this kit or not.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:39 AM
etx

Yeah, The initialize function will return the e-manage to stock config as if you purchased the e-manage by itself. I'm sure GReddy locked the emanage so that people cannot see thier config and tool around with it. After you initialize it you can set your own password, or not use a password at all.

Quick Reply: Tuning Greddy e-manage (password?)