Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy Twin Turbo Kit! We've got NEW Numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by spz33
A/F readings i'm sorry are for in house use only. I can tell you that the reading is really really rich. I'm sorry for the mixup, the car was at 8.8lbs of boost. It is a dynojet. Thanks for looking.
Hugh...come again. How can A/F readings be confidential, but your HP numbers are not. That is lame if you ask me. Common...share with the group. We are not asking for your eManage air/fuel map values...just how the overall AF curve looked.

Also, how did they address the timing?? And did you upgrade your fuelpump or regulator?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Bini2

Sounds right. I was 402@8lbs.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:04 PM
spz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We upgraded to the Walboro fuel pump. Why is not showing are A/F read out lame? It's just our preference. If you would like us to dyno your car and do an A/F test, it wouldn't be a problem. Timing was left alone. Thanks for looking!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

spz33,

I know your company does excellent work....more like flawless work. My point is that if you want to build credibility and business with the forum members, then full disclosure is the best policy. Not disclosing your A/F readings is like not telling us what kind of tires you are using. It's not proprietry..that's all. And many of on the board just wana know what types of A/F you are running when are getting this types of HP numbers. We all know that 11.5-12.5 is ideal for F/I, so its not like it's a big secret.

That being said...can I download your eManage Maps? kidding.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:25 PM
spz33

Originally posted by gq_model_626
spz33,

I know your company does excellent work....more like flawless work. My point is that if you want to build credibility and business with the forum members, then full disclosure is the best policy. Not disclosing your A/F readings is like not telling us what kind of tires you are using. It's not proprietry..that's all. And many of on the board just wana know what types of A/F you are running when are getting this types of HP numbers. We all know that 11.5-12.5 is ideal for F/I, so its not like it's a big secret.

That being said...can I download your eManage Maps? kidding.
I understand your point. But our thing is, people in the past have tried to copy what we've spent countless hours doing in house. We're not trying to gain credibility for our company. Our work speaks for itself. And like i stated, with these numbers, we were running extremly rich. And full disclosure is not the best policy I'm sorry. If that was the case, why don't shops give out their costs on products so that customers know how much they're paying for the products? I'm not going to argue. Just giving our side. So, like I stated, feel free to come by and we can dyno your car for you and give you your own A/F test.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

But air/fuel is not duplicatable...if thats a word. IT's not like you just punch in the A/F into a box and walla...it just happens. I would also take ME countless hours of tuning to get it right.

OK, I am done hijacking your thread...carry on.

Did you need a regulator to control that fuel pump?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:42 PM
spz33

No regulator needed!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:13 PM
350Now

with the upgraded fuel pump wouldn't you get more pressure if so, are you using a return line?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:34 PM
VQ35Kompressor

Nice numbers! Just running that high number octane will definitely put a big @$$ hole in the wallet to drive this monster daily!?!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

No regulator needed!
How much does your shop charge for dyno tuning of the eManage?

Also, the reason you are likely running rich...even at cruising RPM and throttle position is becuase you are not running a regulator....so essentially, you are over pressurizing your those big 440cc injectors. How's that for "armchair-tuning"?

Old 04-14-2004, 09:21 PM
trackstar

I understand your point. But our thing is, people in the past have tried to copy what we've spent countless hours doing in house. We're not trying to gain credibility for our company. Our work speaks for itself. And like i stated, with these numbers, we were running extremly rich. And full disclosure is not the best policy I'm sorry. If that was the case, why don't shops give out their costs on products so that customers know how much they're paying for the products? I'm not going to argue. Just giving our side. So, like I stated, feel free to come by and we can dyno your car for you and give you your own A/F test.
That's ghey.

A/F ratio is the end result, and its disclosure would not reveal anything other than whether the car is well tuned.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Jon@ptp

The horsepower numbers and the fact that it is still running are perfect examples of how good of a tuner they are. If they gave out the air/fuel ratio to everyone then... anyone could tune there 350z for the same air/fuel ratio and create the same power and reliability. And if anyone could do it then no one would pay SP to tune they're car. Does that make better since to you?? When I tune a car I don't just post the timing and fuel maps for anyone to see. That is like my hard work and time and I don't think its fair to just give it away so easily.

Very nice job to Mark and everyone else at SP

Congrats on the big numbers

Maybe shoot for 450hp.......soon.....

Jon
PTP Motorsports
sales@ptpmotorsports.com
Old 04-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Bini2

Originally posted by 350Now
with the upgraded fuel pump wouldn't you get more pressure if so, are you using a return line?
A Really Good point.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:10 PM
spz33

We charge $250 an hour to tune the E-manage and or any car on the dyno.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:46 PM
350Now

ouch.. but that's some quality tuning work..
Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by Jon@ptp
If they gave out the air/fuel ratio to everyone then... anyone could tune there 350z for the same air/fuel ratio and create the same power and reliability.
sales@ptpmotorsports.com

That is not true. The skill in tuning comes from how well the tuner knows the software/ECU/car..etc...and then he fine tunes until he hits his target A/F ratio across a given RPM range.

Again, we all know that 11.5-12.5 is a pretty good range for F/I, so releasing the AF ratio of a particular run doesnt help anyone. You still have to reprogram the eManage or ECU reflash to make adjustments...that is where the real skill comes in...and the area I'd be willing to pay someone to do.

Also, anyone can get big numbers on a dyno, just lean up the AF a little bit, and walla...big numbers! But longevity of the motor, reliability under different driving conditions, etc...are all important factors.

No get off the boards and starting replying to your emails in a timely manner.... sorry..I couldnt help myself!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Jon@ptp

That is not true. The skill in tuning comes from how well the tuner knows the software/ECU/car..etc...and then he fine tunes until he hits his target A/F ratio across a given RPM range.

Again, we all know that 11.5-12.5 is a pretty good range for F/I, so releasing the AF ratio of a particular run doesnt help anyone. You still have to reprogram the eManage or ECU reflash to make adjustments...that is where the real skill comes in...and the area I'd be willing to pay someone to do.

Also, anyone can get big numbers on a dyno, just lean up the AF a little bit, and walla...big numbers! But longevity of the motor, reliability under different driving conditions, etc...are all important factors.

No get off the boards and starting replying to your emails in a timely manner.... sorry..I couldnt help myself!
But where does this tuner get the target a/f ratio??

From experience with certain cars and/or other people who have already done it.

Different cars are tuned for different air/fuel ratios depending on the strength of that particular car. Saying that 11.5-12.5 is good is not always true.

Last edited by Jon@ptp; 04-15-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The target is 11.5 at Redline, unless you wanna get aggresive. Everyone knows that anything above 12.5 is getting kinda risky. Anything richer than 11.5 is unnecessarily rich, and you'll loose power and torque.

My point is that the target A/F is not a big secret...everyone is trying to achieve a relatively close A/F goal. Maybe slightly richer or leaner in certain areas for whatever reason.

The only reason we like to see A/F to to know that a tuner achieve these high HP numbers AND kept the A/F within safe paramenters...and not at like 14.0 or something....which would show more power, but would clearly be dangerous.

Now, I know SP Engineerging is well regarded...but I have yet to see a shop/tuner/sponser on this board refuse to post his A/F ratios with the dyno chart.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 04-15-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Oh one last thing....

SP Engineering.....

How can I put this mildly..... I will try my best

You are borderline negligent for running this car at close to 9psi at 400whp+ without addressing the timing issue on the 350Z!

I had to reread the post about lake of timing retard...sorry I missed that little point. Becuase of that, I would never take my car to your company for tuning...this is nutty!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Jon@ptp

Oh one last thing....

SP Engineering.....

How can I put this mildly..... I will try my best

You are borderline negligent for running this car at close to 9psi at 400whp+ without addressing the timing issue on the 350Z!

I had to reread the post about lake of timing retard...sorry I missed that little point. Becuase of that, I would never take my car to your company for tuning...this is nutty!
Thats what they used to say about supras 5 years ago.

Quick Reply: Greddy Twin Turbo Kit! We've got NEW Numbers!!