Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Aps Tt System Msrp

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Peter,

In the long run it may be beneficial to have different sized injectors to choose from based on hp application. I'm sure there will be a few of us searching for 7xx'cc if not even more. There's always a few psycho's in the bunch , are you aware of anyone that currently has a 700 cc range injector for the VQ block, I already know of one person searching for such an injector... (Sorry to kinda stray the main purpose of the thread).

What is your ETA for the kit here in the states? Do you have a public version of the compressor map of your turbo for you kit you can share? So I'm assumming these turbo's can support up to 30 psi to redline on the 3.5 litre version from your statement previously?

l8te.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:37 PM
VR3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

APS,

Thanks for answering my previous question. I just have a couple more;
- For the FMIC, is the front bumber brace need to be removed? Like the Greddy kit requires..
- Is there any relocation of any items that need to be moved? ie. front airbag sensors..

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:50 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by SQUILL
Thanks peter do you think your system will benifit from hiflowcats/test pipes in conjunction with the exaust system you have designed?

Also would that entail custom tunning if one was to leave the boost set at the 7.3 psi from the factory (ie just bolting in some test pipes/hf cats and nothing more) or would exaust mods not really affect your em system?
Mate I am sure that the APS TT system would benefit from high flow cats, if the total exhaust back pressure is reduced.

When I get a chance I will ask our engineering staff to measure the exhaust back pressure (pre cats). If the exhaust B/P pre cats is as high as I suspect there will be some decent gains in power and torque to be had

The only reason I had not removed the factory stock cats is I have been told by people in the states that you can't tamper with the stock cats in the first 3 to 5 years of car life. I guess some guys are not concerned about that issue and that's cool.

With the second part of your question (if I understand your question correctly) if you remove the stock cats and therefore the turbo pressure rises from say 7 psi to 8.5 psi then the engine would MOST likely require custom tuning to ensure safe air/fuel ratios and ignition timing, otherwise the engine may suffer detonation.

Peter

APS
Old 04-22-2004, 10:28 PM
SQUILL

thanx for the info peter!

Now im not an expert of emission laws over the U.S. but i belive most states have a 3-5 year exemption period untill you have to get your emissions done when you purchase the car new.

Now in Colorado we have a 4 year exemption untill we have to do the first emissions test when you purchase the car brand new so in my case i can spend what 180-200 bucks for a set of test pipes and have 4 years untill i would have to bolt the factory cats back in for an e test....Why wouldnt you!

from what ive read is the factory cats are very restrictive in FI applications so from what you are saying it sounds like hi flow cats/test pipes would benifit your system.

Now about your engine management system im not sure if you have covered this or not but will your system be fairly easy to custom tune and will it control both fuel ratios and ignition timing and does it utilize the maf sensor or is it using maps? thinks if you have answered that question b4 just tell me where to look

Last edited by SQUILL; 04-22-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:59 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Juztin
Peter,

In the long run it may be beneficial to have different sized injectors to choose from based on hp application. I'm sure there will be a few of us searching for 7xx'cc if not even more. There's always a few psycho's in the bunch , are you aware of anyone that currently has a 700 cc range injector for the VQ block, I already know of one person searching for such an injector... (Sorry to kinda stray the main purpose of the thread).

What is your ETA for the kit here in the states? Do you have a public version of the compressor map of your turbo for you kit you can share? So I'm assumming these turbo's can support up to 30 psi to redline on the 3.5 litre version from your statement previously?

l8te.
Juztin, It has been a real mision to find the correct sized injector for the current application, though I totally understand where you are coming from.

The problem with such large injectors, it is very difficult to achieve correct air/fuel ratios in a part throttle condition unless you go to a full stand alone engine management system (which is not a problem to do except for the high up front cost) and even then the part throttle engine response is not flash.

There may be a direct bolt in 700cc injector though to be frank I have not looked into the issue as we have not considered utilising such a large injector in the Z engine.

We expect the US release for the APS TT system to be late September 04 if all goes to plan and we dont run into any unforeseen issues.

The final spec on the Garrett DBB turbochargers will be made by APS engineers within the next week or so, though we wont release that information on the compressor flow maps until closer to the product release date.

I will ask the powers to be if i can release that info on the APS web site in the near future (by the end of May) as this is when we plan to have lots of pictures and product information pertaining to the TT system on the website.

Peter

APS
Old 04-23-2004, 07:47 AM
swlsuk

APS,

Will your kit fit a g35 Coupe? I'm assuming it will.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:07 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by VR3
APS,

Thanks for answering my previous question. I just have a couple more;
- For the FMIC, is the front bumber brace need to be removed? Like the Greddy kit requires..
- Is there any relocation of any items that need to be moved? ie. front airbag sensors..

Thanks!
VR3, No problem, happy to give you the info where I can.

The APS front mount intercooler is of bar and plate construction and does retain the front bumper brace. The air bag sensor is relocated (mounted on a new bracket) a few inches away from its original position, and the intercooler is as large as could be packaged within the available space .

I have no doubt that the APS intercooler package will easily cope with 450 Horsepower applications and does provide very cold charge air temperature at even higher (600 HP) power if required . We will post intercooler performance data (air temp reduction V pressure drop) on the APS website in the near future.

Peter

APS
Old 04-23-2004, 03:18 PM
NismoGCoupe

Originally posted by swlsuk
APS,

e

Yes they are making it for the G35, an APS rep did the measurment for the intercooler on my car on wednesday
Old 04-24-2004, 06:00 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by swlsuk
APS,

I am 99% sure that the APS TT system will be a direct bolt on to the G35. We dont have the G35 in Australia so we will fly an APS engineer out to the states to do a full verification.

Not sure if we will need to design new intercoolers to suit the G35, will let you all know after we have had a thorough look.

Peter

APS
Old 04-24-2004, 07:08 AM
MR-LIGHTWEIGHT

Guys, believe me it'll be worth the wait for APS kit. If only i knew how to post pics here i'd show you a sample of their work (if anyone can show me how i can post the pics).

However just like most of you i have question marks about the APS kit. Like the inseperability of the kit. I would prefer something other than unichip and i also would prefer a titanium exhaust system which is lighter etc. Oh and it'd be cool to see a comparison between APS, Greddy and PE to see which one would be better suited to a rebuild motor with lower compression etc.

I guess we'll cross our fingers and wait until september to find out.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:13 AM
MR-LIGHTWEIGHT

One more thing, at APS website the intercooler fins of the 350z looks vertical I hope my eyes are playing a trick on me
Old 04-24-2004, 09:53 AM
SQUILL

Originally posted by MR-LIGHTWEIGHT
Guys, believe me it'll be worth the wait for APS kit. If only i knew how to post pics here i'd show you a sample of their work (if anyone can show me how i can post the pics).

However just like most of you i have question marks about the APS kit. Like the inseperability of the kit. I would prefer something other than unichip and i also would prefer a titanium exhaust system which is lighter etc. Oh and it'd be cool to see a comparison between APS, Greddy and PE to see which one would be better suited to a rebuild motor with lower compression etc.

I guess we'll cross our fingers and wait until september to find out.
Yea I spent a year in Australia a few years back touring around in my highly modded 84 Holden Camira wagon (just kidding what a pile of junk) anyway there were some wicked Wrx's out there and i got a chance to check out quite a few and heard the name Aps quite a bit.

Im sold on their system as it is now but of course we would all like to see more dyno info and 1/4 mile times! Twin Garrett bb turbos...sounds like a good choice to me!
Old 04-24-2004, 03:51 PM
APS
Banned

thanx for the info peter!

Now im not an expert of emission laws over the U.S. but i belive most states have a 3-5 year exemption period untill you have to get your emissions done when you purchase the car new.

Now in Colorado we have a 4 year exemption untill we have to do the first emissions test when you purchase the car brand new so in my case i can spend what 180-200 bucks for a set of test pipes and have 4 years untill i would have to bolt the factory cats back in for an e test....Why wouldnt you!

from what ive read is the factory cats are very restrictive in FI applications so from what you are saying it sounds like hi flow cats/test pipes would benifit your system.

Now about your engine management system im not sure if you have covered this or not but will your system be fairly easy to custom tune and will it control both fuel ratios and ignition timing and does it utilize the maf sensor or is it using maps? thinks if you have answered that question b4 just tell me where to look
That's good to know, you guys have little to worry about then for at least 3 to 5 years. Yeah I get your point on the test pipes, bolt in a set of test pipes and it's all free power, fair enough.

I have no doubt that a set of test pipes will FREE UP the exhaust system and provide improved engine response, by the way if the cats are removed does this cause a CEL or not ?

We can design custom tuning maps within certain parameters (adjust ignition timing and air/fuel ratios) and TT system will retain the Mass Air Flow sensor.

Peter

APS
Old 04-24-2004, 05:40 PM
SQUILL

Peter from what I've seen on the forum and what I've read on the manufactures websites the catless test pipes will not trip a check engine light.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:44 AM
APS
Banned

Peter from what I've seen on the forum and what I've read on the manufactures websites the catless test pipes will not trip a check engine light.
Mate thanks for that info on the CEL issue, I will have to try this on our own US spec Z car to see what happens.

By the way have many of you guys run a TT Z car over the 1/4 mile and what results have you achieved?

I am interested to see the ET and MPH you guys have to date.

Thanks

Peter
Old 04-26-2004, 07:50 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by APS
By the way have many of you guys run a TT Z car over the 1/4 mile and what results have you achieved?

I am interested to see the ET and MPH you guys have to date.

Thanks

Peter
Bump
Old 04-27-2004, 09:36 AM
BoostedZ33

Originally posted by APS
Bump
Greddy claims a 12.6 in the 1/4 mile dont know how acurate that is coming from greddy themselves
Old 04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
turbo-maxima

Thats sounds right. I would like to see what the Z can run on slicks on 6 or 7 lbs of boost.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BoostedZ33
Greddy claims a 12.6 in the 1/4 mile dont know how acurate that is coming from greddy themselves
That was actually a Motor Trend independent test...not Greddy's own numbers.

I think the components of the kit...except for the proprietary engine management system. It would appear that you are locked into my boost level once everything is installed. I supposed higher boost would require reflash/new chip..or whatever.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:30 PM
calimarc

The APS web page claims 409 Torque.... could that be right if the 435 HP is an engine read vs. at the wheels???

Quick Reply: Aps Tt System Msrp