Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Advice On Fmu/emu For Vortech Tuner Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:43 PM
bigern1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice On Fmu/emu For Vortech Tuner Kit

Looking for options for tuner kit if I decide to go that route, I was thinking about the walbro intank pump(with ss lines). seems to many vortech owner having fuel line issues. What timing and fuel standalone systems would you guys consider? I was thinking Tech 2 (electromotive), although the Split Second seems to be user friendly...any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:23 AM
luanda

I'm also going with a Vortech tuner kit. Adam at Z1 has set me up with a Fuel/ECU solution from Ultimate Racing. It's the solution they developed for their Twin Turbo Kit.

It includes their own spec'd 440cc injectors, Fuel return modification (they modify your own fuel rails and fuel pump assembly), Walbro pump, and Greddy Emanage with Timing and Ignition harness for ECU solution.

This setup will end up costing more than the full Vortech kit but should compare cost-wise to the HKS kit, and be a far more robust solution i.e. closer to what a supercharged setup might have looked like from the factory.

Now I only wish AEM would release their fuel rails so I could throw these into the install!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:47 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your going to end up spending more money with the tuner kit than the full Vortech kit .And will be harder to set up .But ..good luck
Old 08-18-2004, 09:45 AM
IceY2K1Max

The Electromotive Tec-II is now replaced by the Tec-III.

You don't want that, it's a stand-alone. The Split Second or eManage are piggy-backs, which you want for user friendliness and non-extreme applications.

eManage seems to be the system of choice for reasonable cost.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:09 PM
ChrisMCagle

Yeah, my eManage is great. Now I just need an A/F gauge so I can actually tune my Z
Old 08-18-2004, 06:19 PM
luanda

Well, more than the stock Vortech kit but less than say an HKS SC kit.....as for tuning, Ultimate Racing is actually going to do the install and tuning....these guys have been tuning their TT Z for months, and have used Greddy Emanage for years. They'll have the car for 'bout two weeks.

Originally posted by booger
your going to end up spending more money with the tuner kit than the full Vortech kit .And will be harder to set up .But ..good luck