Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Uninstalling Vortech Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004 | 08:33 PM
DBZ33

Default Uninstalling Vortech Kit?

I want to uninstall my Vortech kit and sell it in the next few weeks. I need to know if I can take the Blower, Bracket off and plug up the oil line. Then drive it to my installer to take the fuel system off and also remove the piggyback computer?

Will the car run fine with no boost going in the motor? I know the piggyback computer turns on the AUX fuel pump at 3k rpm or 1lb of boost. At least that’s how I think it was set up. The installer is about 30 to 40 min of highway driving. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-06-2004 | 08:39 PM
zimbo

I did essentially what you're describing. I uninstalled everything except the fuel system but let my installer do the rest because I didn't have the right connectors to reconnect the original fuel line that was cut. You can cut the wire to the AUX pump or pull the fuse if you're worried about the pump coming on.

I also removed the piggyback ECU--that's the only difference I guess.

--Steve
Old 09-06-2004 | 08:54 PM
DBZ33

Originally posted by zimbo
I did essentially what you're describing. I uninstalled everything except the fuel system but let my installer do the rest because I didn't have the right connectors to reconnect the original fuel line that was cut. You can cut the wire to the AUX pump or pull the fuse if you're worried about the pump coming on.

I also removed the piggyback ECU--that's the only difference I guess.

--Steve

How did you plug up the oil line?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-07-2004 | 03:26 AM
zimbo

I went to Home Depot and purchase a 3/8" NPT plug in their plumbing section. You can also buy some Teflon tape for the plug threads to be extra safe.

You'll also obviously have to remove the oil feed line (i.e. the Tee that sends oil to the compressor). Basically, you should print a copy of the Vortech install instructions so that you can see where this is.

--Steve
Old 09-07-2004 | 10:27 AM
DBZ33

Originally posted by zimbo
I went to Home Depot and purchase a 3/8" NPT plug in their plumbing section. You can also buy some Teflon tape for the plug threads to be extra safe.

You'll also obviously have to remove the oil feed line (i.e. the Tee that sends oil to the compressor). Basically, you should print a copy of the Vortech install instructions so that you can see where this is.

--Steve
Thanks again. Thats what I will do.
Old 09-07-2004 | 01:05 PM
booger

DBZ33....why are uninstalling ? ooops never mind ....read the first sentence of your post