MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/92047-turbonetics-single-turbo-kit-pics-videos.html)

copba1t 03-28-2005 01:14 AM

Read through most of this thread, good info on this kit for the most part, although some of you have an obvious dislike for APS and what they have to offer for no reasons relating to service or quality of products.

1) If the APS dude got banned, that's really lame. Free advertising huh? What a joke, as if any of these threads (especially this one) aren't free advertising to begin with.

2) Turbonetics should be giving you a new car with a turbo installed, for TRASHING your car. From the pics it looked so bad I'm amazed it wasn't totalled. How are you getting comped for this? I for one would like to know the details because it is directly related to how well this company takes care of their customers. If you are doing all this free advertising and basically being a spokesperson and being so forthcoming with all this info, it seems contradictory to then be all hush hush with the accident. It just doesn't sit right. Yea we all know nobody got hurt and all that jazz, but what really happened and how is it being taken care of?

Brandon@Forged 03-28-2005 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by copba1t
Read through most of this thread, good info on this kit for the most part, although some of you have an obvious dislike for APS and what they have to offer for no reasons relating to service or quality of products.

1) If the APS dude got banned, that's really lame. Free advertising huh? What a joke, as if any of these threads (especially this one) aren't free advertising to begin with.

2) Turbonetics should be giving you a new car with a turbo installed, for TRASHING your car. From the pics it looked so bad I'm amazed it wasn't totalled. How are you getting comped for this? I for one would like to know the details because it is directly related to how well this company takes care of their customers. If you are doing all this free advertising and basically being a spokesperson and being so forthcoming with all this info, it seems contradictory to then be all hush hush with the accident. It just doesn't sit right. Yea we all know nobody got hurt and all that jazz, but what really happened and how is it being taken care of?

We set the rules, this is a private company, we can set them to what we like and you agreed to these rules when you signed up. It's not like we don't want people to be informed of the products available. BTW, Peter isn't banned, he was unbanned shortly after it happened.

They aren't free advertising because Brad @ Turbonetics didn't post this thread, Mia posted it, telling people of his experience with their kit, and then giving people info on it and etc.

I wouldn't blame it on them, blame the weather...and i'm not sure what all MIA had to agree to when he let them use his car as the second test car. All hush??? What do you mean? He posted pics and info and etc...

On a side note, i've seen about 3 people in the last month claim they read the whole thread and then start complaining about stuff that was said about 10 pages back...doesn't seem like any of you are really reading the thread, just picking up little things and then posting on it and asking stuff that's already been answered.

If you want to know more about why Peter was banned, you can contact GodZilla through PM or email, he was the one that banned him and i'm not sure if we ever got a definitive response other than it was free advertising.

MIAPLAYA 03-28-2005 07:08 AM

You've got PM...

copba1t 03-28-2005 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
I wouldn't blame it on them, blame the weather...and i'm not sure what all MIA had to agree to when he let them use his car as the second test car. All hush??? What do you mean? He posted pics and info and etc...

Well I am curious about the details of how they plan to handle things. I mean, if the car got cracked up that badly, how do you know that there aren't hairline cracks or fractures in places that aren't even visible by an inspection? I don't know if just fixing what is visibly broken and giving him the car back is acceptable. That is what I am wondering. Would you want your car back after it getting hammered into a rail like that? I know I sure as hell wouldn't. At the very least it's value has dropped considerably because of the damage. I want to know how this company is going to make it right, that is my concern.

If I owned a performance company and cracked up someone's car real bad while testing, I would offer to replace it with a comparably clean used car with similar miles and toss in some extra goodies or whatever, but I don't think I would hand the poor guy back the repaired ride. Why not just keep it as their test vehicle (since it sounds like they need one anyway) and give the guy some peace of mind...

Brandon@Forged 03-28-2005 07:17 PM

Well I am curious about the details of how they plan to handle things. I mean, if the car got cracked up that badly, how do you know that there aren't hairline cracks or fractures in places that aren't even visible by an inspection? I don't know if just fixing what is visibly broken and giving him the car back is acceptable. That is what I am wondering. Would you want your car back after it getting hammered into a rail like that? I know I sure as hell wouldn't. At the very least it's value has dropped considerably because of the damage. I want to know how this company is going to make it right, that is my concern.

If I owned a performance company and cracked up someone's car real bad while testing, I would offer to replace it with a comparably clean used car with similar miles and toss in some extra goodies or whatever, but I don't think I would hand the poor guy back the repaired ride. Why not just keep it as their test vehicle (since it sounds like they need one anyway) and give the guy some peace of mind...

Because the body shop looked at it? That'd be a good guess... It didn't look that bad at all IMO. Could have been much worse.

Like I said before, I have no idea what Turbonetics and MIA agreed to, something in there could have been him giving up them being responsible for what happens while the car is under their possession. They already have a test vehicle, looks like you didn't read all of the thread...

Anyway, i'm done, this is between MIA and Turbonetics.

ihatethatbobbarker 03-28-2005 09:46 PM

lets get this straight, i dislike this turbo kit, but im gonna defend mia and turbonetics on this because the bottom line is, its none of your business!

copba1t 03-28-2005 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
lets get this straight, i dislike this turbo kit, but im gonna defend mia and turbonetics on this because the bottom line is, its none of your business!

Well I disagree. It's kindof hard to push a kit and install onto the public for so long as they have been doing, and then when something goes wrong say "oh its none of your business anymore". Sorry but that just doesn't fly with me.

If you aren't interested in the details then fine but they put themselves in the spotlight by doing this, so there should be no secrets unless they want dark clouds looming overhead. I for one would like to see how they handle the situation, because a company is not only defined by a quality product but also by how they handle things when the sh1t hits the fan.

It would also be reassuring to see that mia gets well taken care of for all that he has sacrificed along the way. Since Turbonetics is now in the spotlight they created, it's stuff like this that can win or lose customers. Why would they not want to just come out and publicly say "yea we f'd up but we are doing this and that to take care of our guy". So far I've seen nothing to that effect, and people are just left to wonder, and maybe even consider alternative products...

MIAPLAYA 03-29-2005 07:11 AM

Well I'm still hesistant to talk about this just because I don't think its something for the public forum. cobalt you have PM again. Im going to say this now and its all I'm going to say on this matter. The car is being repaired beyond my satisfaction. Turbonetics has some real stand up guys there and they have taken care of this beyond my satisfaction. To the point where I have even tried to tell them they didn't have to do as much as they already have. There is not a single issue that has not been taken care of. They have done FAR more then I would have expected in this situation and believe me if it came to me having to get another Z it would have been done. End of story. These guys REALLY know how to take care of people. If anyone has any questions as to the integrity of Turbonetics I am here to vouch for them 150%. I could not have asked for a better group of people to be involved with from the top of the company to the bottom. One day I will post the whole story but for now I want EVERYONE to know. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERY LAST THING has been taken care of. In some cases they went so far above and beyond what I expected that I actually feel bad they did. Turbonetics is a stand up company and they have people there that I will trust and admire for MANY years to come. Not many people can say that about ANY company regardless of what I've gone through. To find someone or a company with as much integrity as these guys have is VERY rare in this industry. I am not a trusting person by nature as ANYONE who knows me will attest. Some of the San Diego people know some more of the story and I'm sure could also tell you how well this has been resolved. I will say this one final time and then let it go... Turbonetics is quite possible the most trustworthy and honest parts company I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with. From start to finish it has been nothing but a positive experience and i can personally vouch for the integrity and dedication the people of this company have from the top to the bottom of the company. Not many people would support a company as much as I have. Theres a reason I do...

MIAPLAYA 03-29-2005 07:11 AM

And one last comment it was NOT Turbonetics decision for me to not post the details...it was mine...

copba1t 03-29-2005 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Well I'm still hesistant to talk about this just because I don't think its something for the public forum. cobalt you have PM again. Im going to say this now and its all I'm going to say on this matter. The car is being repaired beyond my satisfaction. Turbonetics has some real stand up guys there and they have taken care of this beyond my satisfaction. To the point where I have even tried to tell them they didn't have to do as much as they already have. There is not a single issue that has not been taken care of. They have done FAR more then I would have expected in this situation and believe me if it came to me having to get another Z it would have been done. End of story. These guys REALLY know how to take care of people. If anyone has any questions as to the integrity of Turbonetics I am here to vouch for them 150%. I could not have asked for a better group of people to be involved with from the top of the company to the bottom. One day I will post the whole story but for now I want EVERYONE to know. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERY LAST THING has been taken care of. In some cases they went so far above and beyond what I expected that I actually feel bad they did. Turbonetics is a stand up company and they have people there that I will trust and admire for MANY years to come. Not many people can say that about ANY company regardless of what I've gone through. To find someone or a company with as much integrity as these guys have is VERY rare in this industry. I am not a trusting person by nature as ANYONE who knows me will attest. Some of the San Diego people know some more of the story and I'm sure could also tell you how well this has been resolved. I will say this one final time and then let it go... Turbonetics is quite possible the most trustworthy and honest parts company I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with. From start to finish it has been nothing but a positive experience and i can personally vouch for the integrity and dedication the people of this company have from the top to the bottom of the company. Not many people would support a company as much as I have. Theres a reason I do...

Ok well it sounds like Turbonetics really went the extra mile to make things right, which is good to know and good to hear you say. Thanks for clarifying.

MIAPLAYA 03-29-2005 12:43 PM

Ok well it sounds like Turbonetics really went the extra mile to make things right, which is good to know and good to hear you say. Thanks for clarifying.

No problem....and yes they went the extra road trip (ok that was corny) to make things right....

350zbiturbo 04-11-2005 06:00 PM

mia playa i know these questions have been asked probs a million times and i ask you to bear with me once more lol

1. how long will stock clutch hold out
2. wat else do i need besides the kit to run at the track(not 1/4 mile) i was thinking oil cooler and bigger radiator and i should be fine
3. youve been driving your car i make a good 100 mile commute everyday to work and back, will i be fine with this kit from your experience
4. just wondering is it safe i have topspeed headers on my car will they be ok with the turbo kit and do i have to explain anything bout the headers to turbonetics for the reflash when i send them the ecu

for the record you seem like the type of guy that doesnt take it easy on his car meaning you floor a good amount of times a enjoy the car like me so if you trust it and give the car some hard runs im pretty sure i can trust this kit

MIAPLAYA 04-12-2005 07:02 AM

Well the car was thoroughly tested post install. Its been flogged and it was driven daily in LA rush hour by Turbonetics and they had no issues with it. For the track I would absolutely recomment the JWT pan spacer, an oil cooler, and a a/m radiator...The headers shoudl be fine as is....

350zbiturbo 04-12-2005 06:01 PM

cool sounds good man thanx alot for answering, you wouldnt happen to know a good oil cooler thats good but not crazy expensive like the nismo ??

MIAPLAYA 04-12-2005 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
cool sounds good man thanx alot for answering, you wouldnt happen to know a good oil cooler thats good but not crazy expensive like the nismo ??

The Stillen is like $350.... check www.hopupracing.com

rvshehata 04-13-2005 05:18 AM

MIAPLAYA,

Would there be any effects or changes that would need to be done to the tunning via reflash, for running open waste gate?

Thanks,

MIAPLAYA 04-13-2005 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by rvshehata
MIAPLAYA,

Would there be any effects or changes that would need to be done to the tunning via reflash, for running open waste gate?

Thanks,

No not at all....

anotheraznguy 04-13-2005 08:47 AM

hmm this seems like a great kit.. now what have most people been getting in terms of stock hp numbers... Also.. What is the whole point of the oil pan spacer?

MIAPLAYA 04-13-2005 09:00 AM

Numbers are out of the box are 386 RWHP at 8 PSI at 11:1 AFR..Oil Pan spacer will add another quart of oil....

D_Nyholm 04-21-2005 11:18 AM

Phew, finally finished reading all the pages, from the first to the last. Feel like i was just stuck in front of the TV watching General Hospital for 10 hours. :)

WOuld you mind letting us know if there have been any updates on the G35 kit in the past few days? Seems as though it should have been released or should be released anytime soon.

Thanks for all the replies on the thread Mia, it's been a fun read.

Now off to reading your "Finally Got it" thread!!! :icon21: