Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

new #'s tt

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 08:00 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new #'s tt

so i finally got the timing harness working...keep in mind first of all my altitude here... 5500 feet...at times barometric/atmospheric pressure..more like 7000-8000ft (when warm out)...just a disclaimer so you guys see my "safety margin" here

so i'm now running 9lbs of boost (prolly like 7lbs at sea level)
pulled timing gradually at top end 4 degrees...air fuel: solid 11.5 or so

sae corrected numbers:
465rwhp
446tq

with the loss of power due to our altitude...estimated true power
382rwhp
365 tq

when i go to LA, i will switch to my low boost setting: 6lbs
Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im confused... dont you mean it the other way around? The numbers at high altitude should be lower than your estimated power at sea level.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:28 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

whatever way i mean it...the corrected number is an estimate of what it would be at at sea level, right?
at sea level:465rwhp....reality here in mile high altitude:382
Old 11-21-2004, 03:01 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

no... SAE corrected should be what you displayed your dyno graph in. There is no true correction for you altitude so I pesonally feel you should go dyno at sea level before claiming far above average HP for your setup
Old 11-21-2004, 07:21 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

i live 100's of miles from sea level, and this is all i will go off...so i "personally" will not take your advice...and the most accurate calculation to determine true power at this altitude is by subtracting 18% from the sae # provided to account for altitude....

not so above average... you claim 467 @ 9lbs....i'm dynoing at 2hp less than your setup....are you at sea level???
Old 11-21-2004, 07:23 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

fphunked:

im running 9lbs as well...so i really dont see your point
Old 11-21-2004, 09:00 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

"you claim 467 @ 9lbs"... i dont claim, i proved...
Old 11-21-2004, 09:23 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

i sense a little too much testosterone here buddy, i don't have anything to "claim"... i just appreciate the helpful advice i get about my car from so many of the members on this site... not here to revisit high school...
Old 11-21-2004, 09:35 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Red face

Originally posted by 350zDCalb
i sense a little too much testosterone here buddy, i don't have anything to "claim"... i just appreciate the helpful advice i get about my car from so many of the members on this site... not here to revisit high school...
i apologize if i put your in a defensive position. that was not my goal. i had a feeling you would take it as an attack... but its just merely me wondering why it is all the high altitude cars seem to make record setting hp mod for mod after the owners so accurate "calculations". I, in no way, shape, or form, feel threatened by your HP... my car doesnt even run any more, i took the engine out. I just always recommend people posting proof of claimed HP... i have done a lot of dyno testing with 350z and i have never seen that kind of HP out of any 350z with the mods you have listed in your sig. anything is possible... i just like proof... or maybe you have more mods then you are listing and that changes everything

never meant to attack you with testosterone or give you that impression. all i can do is congratulate you on your success and ask that you please post dyno graphs if you ever dyno at lower altitude.

so ill just shutup now since i look like a huge *****.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

i used to live in los angeles... i just moved to new mexico... i was not looking forward to the big hp loss i would surely experience. my car stock was slow as hell...the "corrected number" was something like 212rwhp...bone stock

the same "corrected number" i calculated is 18% (THIS IS ALSO AN ACCEPTED CALCULATION BY MANY RESPECTED TUNERS OUT HERE)less than the sae corrected number...that is how i figured the power...i am going to los angeles this wednesday to visit my family, and i happen to be driving...if i get a chance (which i may very well do) i will dyno my car... but on a side note, i plan to change my setting to low boost as soon as i cross into arizona (that setting is at 6lbs)
i assume (and i know assuming makes an *** out of U and ME...but i assume that the "feel" of my car here at 9lbs will be similar to the "feel" and power output at 6/7 pounds at sea level...so again, this is all i have to go by, i'm sure a lot of people like to make outrageous claims, i just want to enjoy my car and learn what i can, no hard feelings... i appreciate any informative, educational feedback you can give me
Old 11-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The higher altitude does result in the higher SAE corrected numbers vs. what you would get at Sea Level. So you 18% reduction factory is probably pretty darn close to what you would dyno at sea-level.

Good work!
Old 12-17-2004, 08:28 AM
LittleMT

Old thread I know, sorry to bring it up. I was at the dyno and witnessed this dyno session, the car made good strong power.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:30 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

is this the red srt-4????
Old 12-17-2004, 08:33 AM
LittleMT

is this the red srt-4????
yeah:

Old 12-17-2004, 08:34 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

hey..my updated new tt #'s

0rwhp...0torque (keep inmind i'm at 5500ft altitude-that robs some power)
hahahahahahaha

future #'s (uncorrected)--i'm getting excited even though its 2 months out
550rwhp...500+ torque
Old 12-17-2004, 09:00 AM
going deep

hey..my updated new tt #'s

0rwhp...0torque (keep inmind i'm at 5500ft altitude-that robs some power)
hahahahahahaha
What kind of Qrt mile times are you getting with those numbers? 6 hours with a tail wind?? BAhahaha
Old 12-17-2004, 09:23 AM
LittleMT

Originally posted by going deep
What kind of Qrt mile times are you getting with those numbers? 6 hours with a tail wind?? BAhahaha

going deep, the Sunday before Thanksgiving we all ran our cars, I remeber yours running low 14's and trapping 108-109ish, in fact I have photos of it, I saw in a thread in the other Z forum you posted on 11/31 that you ran a 12.8@117mph, very nice run, tell me where you made such huge improvements?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:12 PM
going deep

Originally posted by LittleMT
going deep, the Sunday before Thanksgiving we all ran our cars, I remeber yours running low 14's and trapping 108-109ish, in fact I have photos of it, I saw in a thread in the other Z forum you posted on 11/31 that you ran a 12.8@117mph, very nice run, tell me where you made such huge improvements?
You're right, I did post 12.8@117mph but thats with the NHRA correction factor. In fact, I even posted that in this forum too. Here's link when I discussed the correction factor and even made reference to you. Look for my post on the bottom of page 2.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=2

Quote from me in that thread above "...The funnest part about racing is you never be quite certain of the outcome. There's an SRT here in Alburquerque running less than 12 sec quarter miles uncorrected. At sea level, he would be less than 11 secs. This guy looks totally stock from the outside too. He would kill me in a race anyday of the week.

My uncorrected times for Albuquerque are 13.8@109mph. I can post the timeslip if you like. " That's with street tires too.

I could not find the thread you mentioned in your post dated 11/31, 11/31 does not exists because there's only 30days in November. Maybe the thread exists, but I cant find it. But I have posted in that forum my corrected and uncorrected times too.

Here's a link to the NHRA correction factors:

http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/nh...on_factors.php

So, I am not sure what you point is about my times. If you spent more time on these boards you would have probably came across some of my posts where I discuss my qtr times. I am sure I will see you out there in February when the track opens up again. By then, my engine rebuild will definately be complete and I will have to buy some slicks too.

Last edited by going deep; 12-17-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:10 PM
LittleMT

Originally posted by going deep
You're right, I did post 12.8@117mph but thats with the NHRA correction factor. In fact, I even posted that in this forum too. Here's link when I discussed the correction factor and even made reference to you. Look for my post on the bottom of page 2.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=2

Quote from me in that thread above "...The funnest part about racing is you never be quite certain of the outcome. There's an SRT here in Alburquerque running less than 12 sec quarter miles uncorrected. At sea level, he would be less than 11 secs. This guy looks totally stock from the outside too. He would kill me in a race anyday of the week.

My uncorrected times for Albuquerque are 13.8@109mph. I can post the timeslip if you like. " That's with street tires too.

I could not find the thread you mentioned in your post dated 11/31, 11/31 does not exists because there's only 30days in November. Maybe the thread exists, but I cant find it. But I have posted in that forum my corrected and uncorrected times too.

Here's a link to the NHRA correction factors:

http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/nh...on_factors.php

So, I am not sure what you point is about my times. If you spent more time on these boards you would have probably came across some of my posts where I discuss my qtr times. I am sure I will see you out there in February when the track opens up again. By then, my engine rebuild will definately be complete and I will have to buy some slicks too.

I have absolutely never ever heard of corrected et times due to altitude are you kidding me? I really don't mean to dis-respect you in any way but I'm blown away by this correction factor...

I have drag raced since the mid 80's and I come from a family of racers for whatever that is worth and none of us have heard of a practice were you correct a full second of off your time for a turbo car. Fact is, you will not gain a full second from Albuquerque to Sea Level, and as for that 12 second SRT in Albuquerque that would run a 11 at sea level, your speaking with him, my car ran 4 11's that day you were there, maybe you didn't notice?

No need really to post your time slips, I raced you and ran a mid 12 to your low 14....

in fact here it is:

So tell me, by your logic, should I run around saying I run 10's with this altitude ET correction factor?

Last edited by LittleMT; 12-17-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:27 PM
LittleMT

Your correct about the date, this is the thread I made reference to:

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...threadid=17967