Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

rota 45f

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
accordsirus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tHisZ_bFAST
Advan's are casted wheels but they have a spun forged rim section which makes them stronger. Just like Enkei's MAT process.

Saying that a Rota wheel is going to last longer than a Volk? You don't see too many Rota's on the Japanese racing circuit do you?

No one said wheels are indestructible or bent proof. But knowing that Rota wheels have literally broken off the hub of a car makes you think of the quality. At least when you buy a quality wheel like Volk or Advan you can be sure that it's been tested not only to performance standards but also safety standards that the Japanese government enforces to wheel companies.
I didnt say its gonna last like VOLKS.I said if you know how to take good care of anything its gonna last than expected.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:32 PM
accordsirus

Advan's are casted wheels but they have a spun forged rim section which makes them stronger. Just like Enkei's MAT process.

Saying that a Rota wheel is going to last longer than a Volk? You don't see too many Rota's on the Japanese racing circuit do you?

No one said wheels are indestructible or bent proof. But knowing that Rota wheels have literally broken off the hub of a car makes you think of the quality. At least when you buy a quality wheel like Volk or Advan you can be sure that it's been tested not only to performance standards but also safety standards that the Japanese government enforces to wheel companies.
I didnt say its gonna last like VOLKS.I said if you know how to take good care of anything ,its gonna last than expected.Also you dont see volks in autobahn either.They are considered as unsafe in deuscthland.It didnt meet safety regulation issues there.

Last edited by accordsirus; 02-08-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:38 PM
accordsirus

Anyways,i just learned from COSMIC importer of ROTA's it may take @ least 6-8 months.So,while waiting im gonna get myself some BBS LM.Can u afford that PUTANG INA KA?
Old 02-08-2006, 05:46 PM
accordsirus

Originally Posted by spz33
Putang Y Na Rotas~!!!!!!
Just like u.I can tell that ur made from PUTANG INANG pinas.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
accordsirus

Guys,im only after for the looks.Not anything else.I always change wheels as often as i can.I can afford to buy any wheels to put in my cars.I have Iforged on my C32/O.Z. superleggera 3piece on my wife's slk55
Old 02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

http://www.subydude.com/blog/?postid=18

If you guys are interested in seeing how Rota wheels are made check out the article on our website. You can click on the little pictures to get a full size scan of each page. It's true Rota makes wheels very similiar to other wheels but that doesn't mean there isn't alot of time spent designing the wheel. They still have to go through alot of processes including making molds, producing the wheel, putting it through tons of testing, and then packaging it up. We haven't had any rims fail in a very very long time. There was a recent Subaru owner (not a customer of ours) who posted a picture of his Rota wheel that had the hub break off the rest of the wheel, but what he was very skimp about was that he slid his car through a ditch sideways at 50mph and that was what caused the wheel to break. For track use and daily driven use I haven't had any rims come back damaged to me.

We only need a few more people on our group buy list to order these wheels. PM me if you have any questions!

-Dan
Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by accordsirus
Guys,im only after for the looks.Not anything else.I always change wheels as often as i can.I can afford to buy any wheels to put in my cars.I have Iforged on my C32/O.Z. superleggera 3piece on my wife's slk55
but you put Rotas on your Z?? that's mess up....
Old 02-08-2006, 08:12 PM
tHisZ_bFAST

I didnt say its gonna last like VOLKS.I said if you know how to take good care of anything ,its gonna last than expected.Also you dont see volks in autobahn either.They are considered as unsafe in deuscthland.It didnt meet safety regulation issues there.
You do not see much of any imported wheel in Germany because the German goverment requires imported automotive parts to be certified by the TUV before they are allowed to be put onto any vehicle. Which mean every wheel size, offset, and color needs to be tested for an imported part. That makes it very expensive in the end because the cost will have to be past onto the end user. And then there's the high import tax as well. So literally a Volk Wheel will cost almost double if it were ever sold in Germany.

The German government does this to protect German based companies from outside competition and to promote their own economy.

Does it mean that Volk is unsafe?...No it does not, because they just never applied for TUV testing in Germany. So how can you make another false statement. Please use more accurate information if you are going to compare a copy to the genuine stuff.

You should be wary of those Iforged wheels....They are known to crack.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:46 AM
accordsirus

Default ROTAs

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
Mine is not 350Z.Its a g35 sedan fully loaded(nismo headers,motordyne 1/2 plenum spacer,JIC-Y-Pipe,nismo echaust,Ur crank pulley,nismo cams, etc.)
Im running on 18 inch 2005 sports wheels.I have TE37 18X8 with 38 offset for tracking.(its bronze BTW).The reason why i like this particular model its because of the design.I love NISMO LMGT 4 but its not available for g35sedan.Got it?Secondly ,i am a filipino and when i was still in the philippines
before migrating here (i was using ROTAs and they are very good no complaints whatsoever.Just because its cheap its not good.I have the money to spend,but,why buy real expensive wheels if i can get it for 1/4 of the price.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
accordsirus

You do not see much of any imported wheel in Germany because the German goverment requires imported automotive parts to be certified by the TUV before they are allowed to be put onto any vehicle. Which mean every wheel size, offset, and color needs to be tested for an imported part. That makes it very expensive in the end because the cost will have to be past onto the end user. And then there's the high import tax as well. So literally a Volk Wheel will cost almost double if it were ever sold in Germany.

The German government does this to protect German based companies from outside competition and to promote their own economy.

Does it mean that Volk is unsafe?...No it does not, because they just never applied for TUV testing in Germany. So how can you make another false statement. Please use more accurate information if you are going to compare a copy to the genuine stuff.

You should be wary of those Iforged wheels....They are known to crack.
What false statement are u talking about.I have a brother who is a dentist in frankfurt.He has a 2003 350z track model(sunday car).His stock wheels is the one for the new maxima and not the 6 spokes/forged made by RAYS .He has a set OZ's suerleggera(its made in italy).he said the price are almost the same as here.Sometimes he uses his 19 inch wedsport forged(made in japan)Also,almost the same price here in the US of A.

Last edited by accordsirus; 02-09-2006 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Volk350Z
Master

all i have to say is this..

Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Will Pwr

Old 02-12-2006, 10:50 PM
accordsirus

all i have to say is this..

Ang sama ng bibig mo ah.Siguro kinantot ng taga ROTA ang NaNay mo sa ilong
kaya ganyan na lang ang nasa isip mo.Baka naman ikaw na ang kinantot sa puwet ng mga taga ROTA.In tagalog translation(you wont gonna like it for sure).

Last edited by accordsirus; 02-12-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:52 PM
accordsirus

Originally Posted by Will Pwr
Ikaw rin wala kang isip.Baka pati ikaw kinantot na rin sa puwet at sa ilong.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Volk350Z
Master

Dude this is America type and speak english if not go back to your damm country..
Old 02-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Hybrid90

Ang sama ng bibig mo ah.Siguro kinantot ng taga ROTA ang NaNay mo sa ilong
kaya ganyan na lang ang nasa isip mo.Baka naman ikaw na ang kinantot sa puwet ng mga taga ROTA.In tagalog translation(you wont gonna like it for sure).
Umm I have no idea what you guys are saying but umm.. PECK PECK MABA HO!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
accordsirus

Dude this is America type and speak english if not go back to your damm country..
Putang ina ka talaga.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:20 PM
accordsirus

Damn u too.....Im an american citizen u piece of crap
Old 02-13-2006, 02:23 PM
accordsirus

Since,that your in socal lets meet up and race.U'll eat my dust with my mighty AMG,u ****ty douche bag.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Damn u too.....Im an american citizen u piece of crap
Wow that's such a good come back... are you sure you are an american citizen or are you holding a Green card???

Quick Reply: rota 45f