Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

please help with clutch/flywheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 PM
ccchaorule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with clutch/flywheel setup

i am getting a new clutch/flywheel tomorrow.. i cant decided between ACT or JWT.. i did a lot of research on this.. been reading all night.. it seems like everyone likes the JWT and dont have any problems with it.. but then a few said they had JWT and went to ACT and would never go back.. anyways.. what do you guys think.. i plan on going Forced induction in the future.. so i want something that can hold power.. please help me decide.. any comments would help..
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 AM
k3silk

Bump I would like to know to
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM
ccchaorule

i am about to place an order on the JWT clutch/flywheel.. can any vendor on here give me a good deal?? the cheapest i found was 800 shipped.. anyone know a place thats cheaper?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Justin@IOS
Sponsor
IOS Performance

Like most everyone else on the board, I too prefer the JWT setup. However, ACT's are nice and I've run ACT clutches on my past cars with good results. You're going to hear good reviews on both products from people on the board.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
ccchaorule

i just ordered the ACT street clutch and prolite flywheel.. hopefully this was a good chooice.. i was about to go with JWT.. but the shop thats gonna install the clutch is more familiar with ACT.. what do you guys think about my choice?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Tayzzer22

I had the same thing happen to me.. I asked my garage guy about ACT vs JWT, and he said JWT all the way. I asked him why and he said he's had less problems with JWT and has had issues with premature breakdown with the ACT. I don't know if this was actually true or that he was just pushing the JWT because they were more familiar with it.

Not sure if this is true, but from what I've heard ACT is more performance but more difficult to drive and JWT is more reliable and more for daily driving.

Would you guys agree?