Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Anyone Have a ScanGauge II? Where Did You Mount It?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
partyman66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have a ScanGauge II? Where Did You Mount It?

I just got my ScanGauge II in the mail today and had a chance to play with a little tonight. I am probably going to bounce back and forth between using it in my Tacoma and G35(it's actually a lot more useful in the Tacoma since the G has the NAV system which displays some cool stuff like real-time fuel economy, etc.. and the truck does not).

It's a pretty cool little toy(No.. I didn't buy it for bling factor)... but I was wondering if anyone else here has one and where you guys mounted yours in the car?

I was thinking of maybe just using some velcro pieces to put it on top of the domed plastic piece that covers the gauge cluster so it would be visible when I'm looking through the windshield straight ahead and not distract my attention from the road too much... and maybe throwing a rag or something over it when I'm not in the car so gangsters don't see it and have a reason to break in and try to grab it.

Anyone else have any experience with cool and easy to see places to mount them where they won't get in the way or block other things in the car that we might need to see/use?

I also don't want to screw up my interior at all by putting any holes anywhere or using anything that will leave huge ugly sticky and unremovable sticky residue on the car(Pretty sure Velcro sticky tabs aren't too bad with residue), but was mainly just curious to see where people put them. I also have Navigation in my car, so I can't mount it in that spot.