Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

g35 weird problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
travism30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default g35 weird problems

I have a z and my g/f has a 2003 g35. It has about 40k miles on it and weird things have been happening that i cant explain or figure out. She has the bose sound system in it and when she listneing to the radio or her ipod through a fm transmitter all the speakers work. when she plays a cd(6-disc) the front right door speaker quits working until she switches back to radio then it works fine. im guessing it a short somewhere or somethign is burnt in the radio.

now the one that gets me, i havent experienced this but she has told me about 3 different times that she will park her car at her house turn it off and go inside and then about 30 min later will notice her car has started and is running.her one and only key from the dealer is in her purse inside the house. she doesnt have remote start or anything like that. so she went out to check it out and the key slot was in the off position, so she inserted the key and went to move it forward and it grinded the starter. then she moved the key back to off and the car turned off. it would keep turning itself back on in random times until she turned it on then back off, after she turned it off from it starting by itself. all i can think off is their is a short somewhere that is hotwiring the car. any ideas? shes away at college until next week so im going to take it to the dealer when she comes home. thanks for your help.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:28 PM
tware

the clarion changer is known to have a wire the breaks at a bend, thats why one speaker goes out. Pretty common.. and not expensive to find another unit, but it may have other problem... the unit is craptastical in many ways..

since the car has a chip in the key, the immobilizer would prevent the car from starting without a key. that would rule out an ignition key related problem. that would have to be a short in the ECU... I've never heard anything like that with a G.. It could be water, the windshield cowl can leak. Or it could be rodents chewing wires.. Dunno.. that doesnt make sense.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
travism30

do you thinkt he dealer will be able to diagnose these problems and fix them?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
tware

#1 - yes, the CD changer is so problematic, they have a special exchange program.. but you will get another refurb and it will not last all that long either.

#2 - i assure you, they will look at you like you just stepped off a UFO when you tell them its starting on its own.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:03 PM
travism30

#2- thats excatly what i figured would happen, even on this forum when i say that.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm curious what the problem could be.

Let us know what the dealer says.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:51 PM
tware

are you the first owner? If not, I bet you have a transponder key hidden in the steering column. From there, I'd think the autostart relays would still be in there, even if the system is gone. Now, that would be possible, the relays were getting powered somehow.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 AM
banshee

Does she park it on top of an ancient Native American burial ground? That would also explain it.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 PM
jimmy B
Banned

Originally Posted by banshee
Does she park it on top of an ancient Native American burial ground? That would also explain it.
very funny
Old 12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
High Octane

I have the same problem with the door speaker not working for the 6cd player. Except mines on the left side. It turns on sometimes, but if i make a quick stop or sharp turn, the speaker goes out again. Going to have to take it to Infiniti and hope they fix it for free.