Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

upgraded to a G37S. Time to move on something better.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

The Z G rolling shots are amazing
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

6MT?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
6MT?
5AT. Price is too good to pass up with the quality of parts invested. Also, the 5AT put down the same power on the dyno and same 1/4 miles time with the 6MT and 7AT in 09+ G37.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by *ICE*
5AT. Price is too good to pass up with the quality of parts invested. Also, the 5AT put down the same power on the dyno and same 1/4 miles time with the 6MT and 7AT in 09+ G37.
But but but, it's not as fun. Still though, sick car.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:08 AM
WARAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats! I think I know the guy who is selling it. Exchanged a few PMs with him before.

Look into adding motordyne intake manifold and art pipes. I made 332 whp with Stillen gen 3, art pipes, manifold, e370 exhaust. But then again I have 6 MT. Buddy of mine has the same exact mods but his is AT and made 305-310 whp. Same dyno, same tuner, same day, same temp.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Callmetony

Originally Posted by KingBaby
The Z G rolling shots are amazing
Yup that replaced the Lamborghini Aventador as my desktop wallpaper.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:20 PM
*ICE*

thanks guys. The car feels amazing driving it back home. Gonna have to change the brake pads immediately. The current pads on there are the Hawk HP Plus race pads, and they are so loud and dusty. My car sounds like a tank driving around with that brake on. Also, the car feels a lot faster than my 350z and I had pretty much the same mod on it. The KW V3 coil kept the car glue to the ground without any body rolls going around corner or curve. Its incredible!

Last edited by *ICE*; 10-14-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:22 AM
garrettxJDM

The G is nice but I would of walked away from it as soon as I saw it didn't have a MT.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:03 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by garrettxJDM
The G is nice but I would of walked away from it as soon as I saw it didn't have a MT.
MT is overrated these days.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:41 AM
garrettxJDM

Originally Posted by verdict.
MT is overrated these days.
Lol to each their own. I walked away from a bunch of cars when I was looking for when because they were AT. Then I found my z which was the first one out of a dozen that was actually mt so I snagged it
Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by garrettxJDM
Lol to each their own. I walked away from a bunch of cars when I was looking for when because they were AT. Then I found my z which was the first one out of a dozen that was actually mt so I snagged it

A car is a car, just because you choose the shifts doesnt make you a better driver, I have taken a lot of MT Z's during autocross or track events and they were surprised because they thought i was driving a manual.

The auto vs MT debate may have been plausible back in the 80s and 90s but not today, im sorry but you cant shift faster than a computer

anyways nice G OP might be my next vehicle

Last edited by stuartc323; 10-16-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by stuartc323
A car is a car, just because you choose the shifts doesnt make you a better driver, I have taken a lot of MT Z's during autocross or track events and they were surprised because they thought i was driving a manual.

The auto vs MT debate may have been plausible back in the 80s and 90s but not today, im sorry but you cant shift faster than a computer

Fk speed, it's about fun.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:06 PM
*ICE*

Thanks man, I'll bring it out to the local Z meet next Wed.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 PM
The_Assassin

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn

am not a race car driver so I rather have fun. Btw sick car op.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:09 AM
garrettxJDM

[QUOTE=stuartc323;10246747]A car is a car, just because you choose the shifts doesnt make you a better driver, I have taken a lot of MT Z's during autocross or track events and they were surprised because they thought i was driving a manual.

I'm guessing you meant AT not MT? Like i said, to each their own. I find AT's boring anymore, I find shifting fun, which makes it more fun to drive around for me. The only thing I find automatics good for is road head, and traffic jams lol. It's still a nice car OP enjoy it!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beautiful upgrade. the black interiors in these cars are so nice.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:54 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Originally Posted by The_Assassin
am not a race car driver so I rather have fun. Btw sick car op.
You say that yet thats the first argument with people owning MTs is i can do this that this that with my tranny, which are racing techniques. I have fun with my car, so that is subjective to the person.

[QUOTE=garrettxJDM;10247276]

I'm guessing you meant AT not MT? Like i said, to each their own. I find AT's boring anymore, I find shifting fun, which makes it more fun to drive around for me. The only thing I find automatics good for is road head, and traffic jams lol. It's still a nice car OP enjoy it!

No i meant manual transmission Zs, I have an AT, like i said, just because you can shift a manual doesnt mean you can drive well at all, plus for me my first two cars were MT, and i grew up in LA, city with the worlds worst traffic, my Z is a DD, and im tired when i get off work, so my laziness also helped me choose the AT. So i guess what im saying it plays on your argument of to each is their own, which is true in my case, i have my reasons, you have yours, but i find it funny that most of the people screaming oh its not a real sports car if it aint a stick, have one never raced on a track, and two are terrible at driving, but think they are the DK of the their city. I have beaten plenty of people on a track, from a dig, or head up because they didnt know how to shift, when to shift, they missed shifts, clutch is bad, etc, etc. Now im not saying all autos are as good as the 350z's but we have a great auto tranny in the Z

Last edited by stuartc323; 10-18-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:03 PM
AroundMyHorn

You say that yet thats the first argument with people owning MTs is i can do this that this that with my tranny, which are racing techniques. I have fun with my car, so that is subjective to the person.
I said nothing about racing techniques. All I said was I have more fun and that's not debatable in my opinion (not that there is anythign wrong with automatic cars).

No i meant manual transmission Zs, I have an AT, like i said, just because you can shift a manual doesnt mean you can drive well at all, plus for me my first two cars were MT, and i grew up in LA, city with the worlds worst traffic, my Z is a DD, and im tired when i get off work, so my laziness also helped me choose the AT. So i guess what im saying it plays on your argument of to each is their own, which is true in my case, i have my reasons, you have yours, but i find it funny that most of the people screaming oh its not a real sports car if it aint a stick, have one never raced on a track, and two are terrible at driving, but think they are the DK of the their city. I have beaten plenty of people on a track, from a dig, or head up because they didnt know how to shift, when to shift, they missed shifts, clutch is bad, etc, etc. Now im not saying all autos are as good as the 350z's but we have a great auto tranny in the Z

That may be great and all but I don't let that get in my way and I live in Houston with the 3rd worst traffic in the U.S.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 PM
WARAT

It all boils down to personal preference.

I find MT just more engaging which literally translates instant gratification. I live in Houston too and I still prefer manual. Using your left foot and rowing through the gears puts a smile to my face regardless of traffic. It can get tiring at times but I'd still want a MT for a "fun car".
Old 10-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Callmetony

OP post interior picks of your G37. is it stock in there?

Quick Reply: upgraded to a G37S. Time to move on something better.