Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Who Interrested in Top Secret or Ings replica kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:44 PM
NismoGCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the offer but I just got them installed last week and loving them, just need to connect the EDFC now
Old 05-25-2004, 06:54 AM
thebigsadler

Default Re: Who Interrested in Top Secret or Ings replica kit

Originally posted by NismoGCoupe
Just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in buying a replica kit of either Top Secret or Ings for the G35 Coupe, Guarenteed Pefrect Fitment in either Fiberglass, Urethane or CarbonFiber everyone would have to decided on one of the 3,
im just try to see how many people would be interested in buying replicas before i go ahead and persue this project with a local shop(Friend), He has done this before for Maxima Owners when it comes down to it he will have feedback from alot of Maxima forum member from other replica kits he has done and he also has his own full bodykit design for the maxima. let me know if anyone would be interested
What kit did you friend reproduce for the maxima community?

There is not one kit offered for the maxima that bolts up anywhere near like stock (except stillen's lip kit).

I'd be weary to save a few bucks and have a kit that is not going to fit at all. Even done in urethane, if the mold isn't perfect you are going to have bigtime issues getting the kit to go on.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:03 AM
NismoGCoupe

Default Re: Re: Who Interrested in Top Secret or Ings replica kit

Originally posted by thebigsadler
What kit did you friend reproduce for the maxima community?

There is not one kit offered for the maxima that bolts up anywhere near like stock (except stillen's lip kit).

I'd be weary to save a few bucks and have a kit that is not going to fit at all. Even done in urethane, if the mold isn't perfect you are going to have bigtime issues getting the kit to go on.
He did a full skyline kit for the 95-99 maxima(Custom Maxima toke the credit for his design) and he just did a lip for the 02-03 maximas
Old 05-25-2004, 10:00 AM
thebigsadler

Default Re: Re: Re: Who Interrested in Top Secret or Ings replica kit

Originally posted by NismoGCoupe
He did a full skyline kit for the 95-99 maxima(Custom Maxima toke the credit for his design) and he just did a lip for the 02-03 maximas
I've yet to meet anyone with a perfect fitting skyline kit. I will say that the maxima is a terrible car for body kits.. not only as far as body lines, but as far as making kits work. I had a bmw bumper and sideskirts fitted to my car with less trouble than a bunch of friends with skyline and sarona.

I know the the custom maxima skyline kits weren't of terrible quality, but for the price they should have been a lot better. Being that the G35 is a big step up from a maxima is your friend going to be able to guarranty fit and quality?

thanks for the info..

jason
Old 05-25-2004, 10:17 PM
jitao350z

i will buy INGs!
Old 05-26-2004, 05:01 AM
NismoGCoupe

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Who Interrested in Top Secret or Ings replica kit

Originally posted by thebigsadler
I've yet to meet anyone with a perfect fitting skyline kit. I will say that the maxima is a terrible car for body kits.. not only as far as body lines, but as far as making kits work. I had a bmw bumper and sideskirts fitted to my car with less trouble than a bunch of friends with skyline and sarona.

I know the the custom maxima skyline kits weren't of terrible quality, but for the price they should have been a lot better. Being that the G35 is a big step up from a maxima is your friend going to be able to guarranty fit and quality?

thanks for the info..

jason
Well that skyline kit was made from scratch it wasnt something they duplicated like the INGs would be and by the way im not going through with making this kit anymore 350zforums is making this kit you can ask them the question look for the thread "INGS REPLICA INFO"
Old 08-20-2004, 05:41 AM
lopchild

what happenned? I was interessted. Ings-look wing/spoiler
Old 08-24-2004, 05:56 PM
ColdFusion

i would be interested in a top secret bumper replica
Old 08-24-2004, 07:41 PM
G352NV

Originally posted by ColdFusion
i would be interested in a top secret bumper replica
me too but fitment is key!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 PM
jdbinspired

Full ING kit... front any material but fiberglass...
Old 08-25-2004, 08:23 PM
JDMkaisoku

i saw a local fiberglass/carbon fiber company have it's *** handed to it legally by Top Secret last month....they have international copyrights on all their products and trademarks so it's probably not a good idea to make a knock off top secret kit unless you have alot of money and a good lawyer
Old 08-25-2004, 08:32 PM
JDMkaisoku

i saw a local fiberglass/carbon fiber company have it's *** handed to it legally by Top Secret last month....they have international copyrights on all their products and trademarks so it's probably not a good idea to make a knock off top secret kit unless you have alot of money and a good lawyer