Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

The G is un-f**king-believable!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:21 AM
J_Bell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The G is un-f**king-believable!!!

I went to the Missouri wineries yesterday....OK, OK, I know Missouri /Wineries is an oxymoron, but anyway...Highway 94 from St. Charles out past the wineries is about 10-15 miles of incredible twisties that let the G really stretch it's legs!! I've done this run in my previous car (Audi TT Quattro) and thought it was amazing! But, doing the same run in my G was un-f**cking-believable!!! The G ate up the curves at speeds that were mindbloggling!!(sp?) I would be going around a curve, and feel like I was going relatively slow... glance at my speedo and see the needle @ 70-80 mph. It took about 40 minutes to get to this stretch from where I live, and the 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's were really warmed up. They are absolutely incredible tires!! I have to say they are alittle noiser than my old pilot Sports, but who cares, the performance gain is amazing!! I felt as though I was on rails, and the break away point of these tires is way past any speed I would ever try to take these turns. One thing that was weird was when I went around a turn that had a slight bump in it, the G would go over the hump, and feel as though it would all of a sudden grap in the turn. Almost as if the tires left the ground and when they came back down and made contact again they would grip and give a whip-like feeling. Has anyone ever experienced this?? Anyway, I can't wait to go back to these twisties, and have some more fun!!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:57 AM
havabooz

cool...and yes i have experienced that bump with my Z...on a lot of entrance ramps in brooklyn (particularly the verazzanno) the road is broken up into sections that are linked by metal joints

when im taking the curve (its a big curve) i feel my tires lose traction when going over the metal part and then regain traction with a unique sound to say the least
Old 07-20-2004, 09:58 AM
havabooz

do you have stock suspension?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:45 AM
J_Bell

Default Suspension...

Originally posted by havabooz
do you have stock suspension?
Eibach Pro Kit, that's it!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Import-Tooner

After reading this I think I better go take a run up the canyon in my G. I normally go up on my R1 but this time I may change it up.