Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Problem with windshield wipers, please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 04:03 PM
imalazeeass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with windshield wipers, please help

I posted this on 6mt.net as well but this forum seems to be more active. I'm in great need of a solution quick since I have no car to drive (not over 21, no spare! )

anyways, this is the problem. My windshield wipers would not turn off, change speed, or anything, they're on fastest mode regardless of what mode I change it to. Very annoying, but luckly it's raining so I don't look too stupid. So here's my huge problem. I took it into the dealer today to have them look at it. They looked at it and told me that I had someone install a soundsystem which required them to drill a hole under the hood (driver side) in order for wires to pass through. They then told me that they did not seal and the rain has gotten into the hole and shorted out the BCM unit. So they told me that I would have to replace it for $400.

I was pretty PISSED OFF so I went over to the place that did my sound system. They told me a different story. They told me that there is no way the rain could have gotten under the hood when the hood is closed because the car is made in a way to prevent that. Maybe it can, I really don't know. Then they told me that the engine compartment is supposed to be able to stand water anyways and that I was getting ripped off by the dealer.

So what should I do? They obviously aren't going to pay for it. I'm also starting to feel that the dealer MAY be trying to just rip me off to get a free $400. Does it really cost $400 to fix WINDSHIELD WIPERS? I mean if the BCM unit was really damaged, wouldn't that affect the entire car and not just the wipers? The car is working perfectly except the wipers.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think so. The BCM controls a TON of other stuff. It is located just behind the three climate control *****. It it a white plastic box.

I would try another dealer. This sounds like classic dealer BS!