Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Vendors - where are your b-pipes???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:53 PM
copba1t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendors - where are your b-pipes???

So here I am, wanting to replace my cats and y-pipe and keep my stock exhaust, but the best y-pipes are a diameter mismatch for the stock exhaust.

Sure, I could buy some cheesy 3-2.5 converter and have someone hack up my pipes and hope they do a halfway decent job so that it doesn't leak or sound like crap afterwards. NO THANKS.

I'm thinking there is a real opportunity for someone to step up with this product, there is obviously demand for it other wise Japtrix wouldn't have sold out so quick. So all you other vendors have basically conceded to let Japtrix be the only player on this part, even though they still have no idea when they will have inventory again, if ever?

</rant>
Old 02-07-2005, 06:03 PM
DrVolkl

I have to agree with you completely. I was the one who got the last japtrix b-pipe about a month ago.

I had a really hard time tracking it down, and then I got really lucky when I got it.

Oh, and BTW I'm selling it because I bought an injen ses....but someone already has dibs.

If you want it, pm me and I'll let you have it if it falls thru...for a little cheaper than what I payed for it.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 PM
deviant1

I would purchase one of these immediately if someone would produce them. A great alternative to an overpriced y-pipe back exhaust.

Also, keep in mind that the G35 has a slightly longer midpipe than a 350Z.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Either they lack the wisdom to consider the issue as valid, or they don't want to just sell a B-pipe, I'm sure their's more money in you buying entire system. Of course someone could come out with a decent Y-pipe that use's a 2.5" collector, not to hot on the Kinetix myself.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the nismo one but it doesnt fit with stock exhaust... needs fujitsubo muffler or nismo muffler...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1566
Old 02-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Z BOY

Originally posted by DrVolkl
I have to agree with you completely. I was the one who got the last japtrix b-pipe about a month ago.

I had a really hard time tracking it down, and then I got really lucky when I got it.

Oh, and BTW I'm selling it because I bought an injen ses....but someone already has dibs.

If you want it, pm me and I'll let you have it if it falls thru...for a little cheaper than what I payed for it.
Did you ever install it and if so, did it sound or perform different from stock?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Z BOY

Default Re: Vendors - where are your b-pipes???

Originally posted by copba1t
So here I am, wanting to replace my cats and y-pipe and keep my stock exhaust, but the best y-pipes are a diameter mismatch for the stock exhaust.

Sure, I could buy some cheesy 3-2.5 converter and have someone hack up my pipes and hope they do a halfway decent job so that it doesn't leak or sound like crap afterwards. NO THANKS.

I'm thinking there is a real opportunity for someone to step up with this product, there is obviously demand for it other wise Japtrix wouldn't have sold out so quick. So all you other vendors have basically conceded to let Japtrix be the only player on this part, even though they still have no idea when they will have inventory again, if ever?

</rant>
another option is to have a muffler shop make one for you.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:34 PM
uplz4588

yeah just go to a muffler shop... it should only cost like ~200 max i think...
Old 02-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Gman2004

Originally posted by uplz4588
yeah just go to a muffler shop... it should only cost like ~200 max i think...
This is what I did. Here is the place that did mine. They also have an internet bussiness.

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/MAGNAFLOWC...mer_car_s.html

Scroll down about half and you will see the b pipe for the 350z/G35. You have to specify G35 because the pipe is a little longer.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:37 AM
speedform

Wait. I was told that an aftermarket Y pipe would bolt to the stock exhaust? Not true?!
If so, I'll have a very nice Gruppe-S Y pipe for sale soon...
Old 02-08-2005, 03:24 PM
copba1t

Originally posted by speedform
Wait. I was told that an aftermarket Y pipe would bolt to the stock exhaust? Not true?!
If so, I'll have a very nice Gruppe-S Y pipe for sale soon...
The flanges will match up just fine, but the pipe diameters will be a mismatch. As indicated above most Y-pipes have 3" outlet and the stock exhaust has a 2.5" inlet so there will be turbulence at the flange point. I don't have an engineering degree and have not studied fluid dynamics but it's pretty logical to expect non-optimal flow at that point. Granted it's probably not a significant loss, maybe 2-3hp, but if you're goin to the trouble anyway why not do it right the first time.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:28 PM
copba1t

Originally posted by Gman2004
This is what I did. Here is the place that did mine. They also have an internet bussiness.

Scroll down about half and you will see the b pipe for the 350z/G35. You have to specify G35 because the pipe is a little longer.
Thanks for the link. Are you happy with the part? What did you end up paying?

Maybe we could look into a GB if everything looks good...
Old 02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
jreiter

What's wrong with the Kinetix y-pipe with the 2.5" collector? I have one, and it seems to be built fine. (I have a full Nismo system now, but previously had the Kinetix y-pipe on the stock mid-pipe and muffler. No problems with the y-pipe.)
Old 02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
copba1t

Originally posted by jreiter
What's wrong with the Kinetix y-pipe with the 2.5" collector? I have one, and it seems to be built fine. (I have a full Nismo system now, but previously had the Kinetix y-pipe on the stock mid-pipe and muffler. No problems with the y-pipe.)
Would prefer to go with a different brand, thanks anyway =)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:00 PM
uplz4588

hey gman2004......... post up some pics of that SP2! maybe even a vid/ sound clip

in a couple weeks my carbon/ti HKS single should be done... i already ordered the muffler for it juss gotta get my piping made...
Old 02-09-2005, 01:23 PM
copba1t

Originally posted by Gman2004

I called VRS and they wanted to ship me their 350z pipe and have me measure out the gap on the G and send it back for fabrication. Don't really have the patience for all that back and forth, but I may just do that if I have no luck locally.

I would think they could just look up the specs of the G pipe somewhere, but I guess not. Does anyone know the difference in length between the two b-pipes?
Old 02-09-2005, 02:42 PM
uplz4588

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...roducts_id=447

thats one

here is another

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...roducts_id=340
Old 02-09-2005, 09:10 PM
copba1t

Originally posted by uplz4588

here is another

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...roducts_id=340
Hmm interesting link, thanks. So according to the size of that extension pipe, it looks like there is a 6" difference in length between the Z and G b-pipes? Can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

If you are looking to free up the exhaust, sure you can gain a little by replacing just the piping, but the stock exhaust is a huge bottle neck.
That's where the true power is to be made. plus you want to replace the muffler with an aftermarket lighter one. If sound is an issue, there are plenty of exhausts out there that are pretty quiet.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:04 PM
copba1t

Originally posted by Tony@Performance
If you are looking to free up the exhaust, sure you can gain a little by replacing just the piping, but the stock exhaust is a huge bottle neck.
That's where the true power is to be made. plus you want to replace the muffler with an aftermarket lighter one. If sound is an issue, there are plenty of exhausts out there that are pretty quiet.
Seems like most would disagree and say that the y-pipe and cats are the real bottleneck. The stock exhaust is supposed to be pretty good actually.

Quick Reply: Vendors - where are your b-pipes???