Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Crawford Cast Plenum issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:01 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StandAloneZ
Yea I was also told to follow the technosquare procedures but I can't seem to get the timing down and its not workin for me. I was thinkin there is a leak within the throttle body so I'm gonna check that out.
use a stop watch if you have one. timing is absolutely critical! if you're off by a blink of an eye, it won't work.

the allen bolts on the throttle body were really hard to get off for me. seems nissan torqued 'em down well enough. i actually snapped one of my allen wrenches

but you need to ensure those are really tight as well. the best thing to do is to tighten them down with the plenum loose. that way, to get to the ones that are on the bottom, jus' tilt the whole assembly up and there shouldn't be a problem. if you have a driver, even better.

n1cK!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:52 PM
StandAloneZ

i think i found the leak. I put my finger on one of the bolts that go into the the throttle body and instantly felt it. Do you think this little leak is whats causin this problem.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:00 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally Posted by StandAloneZ
i think i found the leak. I put my finger on one of the bolts that go into the the throttle body and instantly felt it. Do you think this little leak is whats causin this problem.
Try spraying carb cleaner, or brake clean on the bolt if you think it is the leak, what it will do is actually stop the leak for a few moments and if it changes the idle then you obviously know theres a leak there.