Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Kinetix Intake Manifold Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SungNamZ - I currently already have 401 with the stock plenum. I would doubt that I will gain as much as you. It seems to me that some of your gains are more from the tune than the mod. It will be interesting to see how much I gain. I do have different mods so we shall see.

FYI - Get those RT cats off your car. I was one of the first people in the country with the RTs and they were good until I went FI. I drove my car for a month with no problems with the default set up from Vortech (340 RWHP) however it took only two weeks once I tuned the car to 380 for the RT cats to collapse. I would go ahead and order some crawford cats if I were you.

Jeremy
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by teh215
I just finished installing the new Kinetix Intake Manifold so, I thought that I'd share a few pics. The thumbnails below link to much larger pics.
off topic.
Is that the Cusco Strut Tower Bar?
Old 05-24-2005, 04:06 AM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by LeMans350z
SungNamZ - I currently already have 401 with the stock plenum. I would doubt that I will gain as much as you. It seems to me that some of your gains are more from the tune than the mod. It will be interesting to see how much I gain. I do have different mods so we shall see.

FYI - Get those RT cats off your car. I was one of the first people in the country with the RTs and they were good until I went FI. I drove my car for a month with no problems with the default set up from Vortech (340 RWHP) however it took only two weeks once I tuned the car to 380 for the RT cats to collapse. I would go ahead and order some crawford cats if I were you.

Jeremy
Thanks! Will give you FYI some very serious consideration.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
off topic.
Is that the Cusco Strut Tower Bar?
Yes.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

It has been several weeks since this thread was started.

I just got my intake today and a friend said he could help one night this week. I wanted to have some insurance before I spent any more money on the dyno so I have a question...

Any dyno numbers other than SungNamZ?

teh215?

Barzten1?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:54 PM
frostyrock7c

Is there anything that the manifold does not include that I may need to pick up before mine gets here?
Thanks guys
Old 06-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Speed Dreams

It has been several weeks since this thread was started.
I just got my intake today and a friend said he could help one night this week. I wanted to have some insurance before I spent any more money on the dyno so I have a question...
Any dyno numbers other than SungNamZ?
teh215?
Barzten1?
First, don't look at having a dyno evaluation as a waste of money after a high flow intake plenum install. I would like to know what my a/f is at this point if I were you.
I wish Robert wasn't so backed up with the GP on the SSV or I would have mine at this point and have posted #'s versus stock plenum with T-netics 6.1 system. I should have results early July if they get caught up.
Barzten1 SSV install is complete but on the dyno realized a lack of normal boost from the Vortech by 2lbs. The blower is in the process of repair and when returned numbers will be posted. Let me add the dyno numbers were good at 5.5lbs of boost,high 300 in pwr,310+tq from what I remember.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:32 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Speed Dreams - Thanks for the info on Barzten1 and you are correct - There is no way I am not going to dyno after the install of the intake because of the change to my A/F.

I guess what I was really trying to say was that I did not want to go through the hassle of putting it on unless somebody had confirmed some of the numbers that have been posted on this intake. If someone had posted that it doesn't add that much HP then I might have just sold it local.

It will take me a lot of trouble to got out to a friends house during the week at night to get it put on and I will have to spend half a day at the shop tuning within a few days of the install. I had several issues with my car last month like putting on the CAS wire, replacing my cats, tuning, and cutting my air conditioning line that required the car be in the shop multiple times over a period of a few weeks. All of this happened after I ordered this intake and I finally have the car so I can drive it again. A mod of this type could well screw it up again. It is my daily driver so I am stuck when some thing happens.

It just gets me that at least ten of these have been delivered and there are no other supporting dynos. Why?

I would not put this on without dynoing so what has happened to the other people who have installed it? Did they dyno but don't want to admit it did not give them the advertised gains? Are they SPENDING a lot of time and money on the dyno trying to get the car tuned correctly? Barzten1 and zachcrosen both are having boost issues could it be related to the intake?

I already have my car tuned to 401 RWHP and as I pointed out earlier in this thread that a case could be made for a majority of SungNamZ's gains could be from tuning. I went from 339 to 365 on my first attempt at tuning the car. I then went from 365 to 379 on my second session. My RT cats collapsed and I replaced them with crawfords and went from 379 to 401 (change of dyno and tuner).

So I will ask my question again...Any dyno numbers other than SungNamZ?

teh215?

Jeremy
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Speed Dreams

Lemans350Z, just a word of caution you being at sea level and making over 400hp. Wrist pins are the weak link and may loosen and fail, I wouldn't go much past the power your making now. You can tune with the new plenum for safety.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:42 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

So I will ask my question again...Any dyno numbers other than SungNamZ?

Jeremy
Jeremey,
Maybe not the answer your looking for, but both Ron's and Jasons car gained a sturdy 15 RWHP or more throughout the curve before I even tuned them. Before I touched Jasons car, we made a pull, swapped the IM on the dyno and made another. Peak was about 15, but there were spots that had as much as a 25 RWHP gain on the same tune. Identical, no changes.

Hope that helps
Old 06-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Thanks SpeedDreamTuner that is the kind of info I was looking for! What kind of FI were they running?

Originally Posted by Speed Dreams
Lemans350Z, just a word of caution you being at sea level and making over 400hp. Wrist pins are the weak link and may loosen and fail, I wouldn't go much past the power your making now. You can tune with the new plenum for safety.
Damn that seems like the 7 or 8 thing I have heard is the weak link. I am a little concerned about adding the intake because of the stock internals. I have not even upgraded the fuel system yet and I will be increasing the amount of air. How much risk would I be running by adding this intake?

Here is my current dyno. Note that it is extremely rich on top.

My mods are:
Vortech Supercharger with Intercooler
Unorthodox Racing Pulley Set (crank pulley removed with KJR on the way)
Stainless Steel DC Sports Headers
Crawford Cats
Stillen Exhaust

Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Kinetix Intake Manifold Pics-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by Rogue350z; 06-15-2005 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:05 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy, if it helps, I'm getting retuned on Monday with the SSV and adding the 3.12" pulley. Not an apples for apples comparison from my last dyno, but will give some absolute numbers for my total set up.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:19 AM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Is it me or is the runner lengths different on that manifold..
Looks almost as if one side of the engine has longer runners than the other...

Also, do the end of the runners (Can Side) have a velocity stack or are they just flat...

Last edited by GodZilla; 06-15-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Originally Posted by mcduck
Jeremy, if it helps, I'm getting retuned on Monday with the SSV and adding the 3.12" pulley. Not an apples for apples comparison from my last dyno, but will give some absolute numbers for my total set up.
Thanks, how much does the 3.12" pulley add in HP? What was your last dyno at? What have you done for the internals?

Jeremy
Old 06-15-2005, 05:15 PM
lsdunique

they all have velocity stack inlets on each runner.

Also each runner is identical in overall length/volume. The runners go higher as they go back towards the rear of the car, and the drivers side runners may look longer, but they arent.

They all go into the plenum chamber varying lengths to equal out the runners.

SpeedDreams, I wish I wasnt backed up either, so I could get a manifold on your turbonetics kit. Also I would love to see some before/after dynos on other cars as you get them.

We are working as hard as possible to finish off existing orders and should have some in stock within a couple weeks.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Well, it is installed. 2003z did a great job tonight. We also took the opp to replace my driver's side valve cover gasket since Nissan would not for the last three years. It was leaking oil...Nissan "What oil?"

SSV gives a nice boost. I was only getting 8.5 pounds of boost now it is reading from 10 to 12. I have it scheduled to go on the dyno on Monday afternoon.

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails Kinetix Intake Manifold Pics-061505_kinetix_ssv-043.jpg   Kinetix Intake Manifold Pics-061505_kinetix_ssv-037.jpg   Kinetix Intake Manifold Pics-061505_kinetix_ssv-025.jpg  
Old 06-16-2005, 05:16 AM
mcduck

Thanks, how much does the 3.12" pulley add in HP? What was your last dyno at? What have you done for the internals?

Jeremy
Last set of dynos were 410-425 rwhp and 330-337rwtq. No bottom end mods, but I am running cams, Crawford headers & cats, and Borla exhaust. At that time I was running Crawford V1 plenum as well. Biggest changes which are prompting the retune are the SSV and going from stock (3.33") pulley to the 3.12", though I have done a few other minor things (such as grounding kit, etc).
Old 06-16-2005, 05:19 AM
mcduck

Jeremy... did you polish your strut bar or have it chromed (or powder-coated)?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

chromed - very nice huh?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
dgrim

Daaaaamn! Looking sweet! That has to be one of the best looking engine bays. Glad you finally put that thing on. You've been asking for dynos... Now it's your turn. ;-)

Dave

Quick Reply: Kinetix Intake Manifold Pics