Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Upper and lower intake plenum, intake plenum runners, and throttle body (OEM)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upper and lower intake plenum, intake plenum runners, and throttle body (OEM)...

Does it matter if they are used ("used" as far as have been used for so many miles) and you get them polished (internal, not external)?

Also, would you consider it "porting" the intake plenums? (taking off extra metal that can be sacrificed to help gains)

If so, i'm considering porting and polishing the intake plenums and intake runners (that are under the lower plenum that distribute air to the heads) and getting the throttle body bored and polished. Like I said, does it matter if they are used?

If it does, i'll just buy new. Though it isn't going to be easy to find OEM intake runners (and maybe OEM TB).

Also, what do you think is going to gain more (speculation) on a 287HP motor...300HP lower plenum that is polished and ported or 287HP lower plenum that is polished and ported?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Bump.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:45 PM
itsjoshufocker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that sounds like a good idea, but im not sure how good the gains would be
Old 06-16-2005, 08:53 PM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can gasket match the runners to the cylinder heads...thats what I did with mine and there was a noticeable difference. But....you have to be very careful to keep the runners with a degree of roughness to maintain turbulence down the runner and adequate fuel atomization as the mixture enters the head and combustion chamber. If it is too smooth you get fuel which is not suspended in the intake charge and precipitates to the top of the piston. This gives a dirty burn and contaminates the oil with unburned fuel. Bad for bearings and rings.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I discussed this with another member and decided it wasn't worth the price, even after F/I it probably won't be.

g356gear, i'm interested in that though. How much should that be? Do you think the TB is worth it, maybe not while N/A but later on with F/I?