Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Installed XERD TP's with nismo cat-back and have a loud rattle at 3K rpm! Any help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:35 PM
HockeyZ39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed XERD TP's with nismo cat-back and have a loud rattle at 3K rpm! Any help?

I had Megan racing test pipes on be4 the XERD and there was a HORRIBLE rattle because the pipes cracked at the welds.

I just installed the new XERD test pipes and there is a very loud rattle at 2800-3000 rpm, it is most noticeable when I de-celerate.

I noticed when installing the test pipes that I had to push the y-pipe out with all my mite to make it fit onto the final test pipe (this cant be good right?)

From inside the car I felt like it was coming from the middle of the car, when I revved in neutral it seemed like it was coming from either the y-pipe or the test pipes (but the rattle wasn’t the same.)

Has anyone had this same problem with either there nismo cat-back or there XERD test pipes?

Thanks in advance for any help! I am planning on going to a muffler shop tomorrow but I want to have all my info strait, plus who knows if the will touch it after they notice the test pipes!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:33 AM
Z350Lover

hockey:

So have you got any update on your rattle noise? I kinda have that rattle noise now after I put the crawford replacement cats on today...

Thanks!

cheers
Old 07-30-2005, 11:44 AM
HockeyZ39

I have been ALL over the place for this rattle and have had no luck. The shop said it was my crossmember that was rubbing so they put washers under it to bend it down, but the rattle is the same. There was alot of clearance between the crossmember so I dont think that was the cause of it, now the shop is telling me it is the new test pipes putting to much pressure on the exhaust. I think they just cant find it so there giving me that crap so i leave them alone. They took me around under the car ( they even took alot of the exhaust off) and there were no points that had scratches so im pretty sure its not a metal on metal rattle b/c that could be spotted ez! The only thing i think it could be (besides the test pipes as they say) is the rear sway bar, since it is coated in rubber it wouldnt leave a mark and it does sit kind of close on one side. Anyways sorry I cant be of more help, if you find out anything let me know. As of now i am planning to make a local trade for the borla TD exhaust, since it has so many peices i figure it will be more ajustable to fit my test pipes as that seems to be the problem.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:46 AM
MCopare

mine rattle like hell. Sucks but not much else to do except get a true dual system