Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

HKS Hi Power Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
visionboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Hi Power Exhaust...

got it delivered and installed in less than a week and a great deal too. PM me for more info...

without writing an essay, I'm just going to say this exhaust is very impressive. Very low in cabin noise, which is my main priority, but sounds exotic when you want it too. I can definitely feel the power gain, which is also a bonus...

pics...

Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks super phat!!

Are you having any vibration noises at all especially when going in reverse?

Mine has a slight vibration noise and they told me that I need to get someone to move the hanger lower that holds the exhaust.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
GQ 350z

Freakin sweet, finally someone with DB with my favorite exhaust. Can you post pics from further away? Maybe some that show the back bumper and the exhaust etc...

Thanks again and congratulations.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
visionboy

hey guys, i have tons of pics of the install and also from further back, i will post them up later...

also diesel350...i think i know where the vibration maybe coming from...we had to ghetto rig a certain part cuz it was hitting a bolt...but it was real easy to fix...no vibration noise what so ever...i'll get that pic up to you later as well..im at work right now
Old 02-08-2006, 11:08 AM
dank311

I have this exhaust installed also. The exhaust could possibly hit three things. Sway bars...very unlikely if you have installed it correcty...
More likely is the differential mounting bolt. The exhaust is very very close to it. Going in reverse quickly will definately rub. If I just kinda let out the clutch and roll back, it won't make the noise. But if I put it in reverse, and punch the gas just a little bit, it will make the noise.
Also, check the black box protecting the fuel lines in the rear corner of the bumper...This could also be hitting the muffler part of the exhaust. What I did, is just cut the corner off the metal guard plate, and then grinded it down so it wouldnt hit it or rub anymore. Or you could jsut take it off and leave it off.. But I was too worried about leaving it off and something happening to those lines. So, I just shaved the corner off and put it back on. Works well!
Good Luck, and enjoy the exhaust.
It sounds amazing!
Old 02-08-2006, 11:08 AM
350z_this

looks super sweet... do you know how cheap it is?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Zexy

Looks very nice. I hate the fact i sold mine but something even better will come along with the money (FI)
Old 02-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by 350z_this
looks super sweet... do you know how cheap it is?
Hehe, this exhaust ain't cheap.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Blurr350z

HKS Hi power is the best looking exhaust in production if you ask me.... I love the way it looks/sounds. Too bad it costs almost 3 times what I paid for my system
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
sugarspunZ

Received 665 Likes on 524 Posts

i have the HKS as well. best exhaust in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails HKS Hi Power Exhaust...-z2.jpg   HKS Hi Power Exhaust...-z3.jpg  
Old 02-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Jaki

Congrats! Thats one sweet exhaust you have there
Old 02-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Will Pwr

Congrats...I just installed mine and it makes a world of a difference.....

you might want to adjust the passenger side rear 2 pcs for a bit of added clearance if its really too close. Bacically slightly rotate the piece closet to the front clockwise and then to the subsequent piece after that.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:49 PM
wa350z

propz nice looking exhaust
Old 02-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Jaki

Originally Posted by Will Pwr
Congrats...I just installed mine and it makes a world of a difference.....

you might want to adjust the passenger side rear 2 pcs for a bit of added clearance if its really too close. Bacically slightly rotate the piece closet to the front clockwise and then to the subsequent piece after that.
Congrats on your purchase/install as well.

This exhaust is becoming very popular! I remember about 8 months ago (before the exhaust went on backorder) I was one of the few and the proud that had this exhaust. Now I'm one of the many and the proud lol.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by Jaki
Congrats on your purchase/install as well.

This exhaust is becoming very popular! I remember about 8 months ago (before the exhaust went on backorder) I was one of the few and the proud that had this exhaust. Now I'm one of the many and the proud lol.
Thanks!

Yeah, I remember when we were doing the development on this....I was pretty stoked about it and I didnt even have a Z nor did I have plans of getting a Z at that time too!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:02 PM
visionboy

Default rattling

The only place that could potentially rattle for my install is this area in the pic. Basically the bolt touches the piping, so we rigged it with a radiator hose and strapped it down with tiestrap. Works great..no rattles so far...Hope this helps...

oh and few more pics...

the blue tips match daytona blue nicely
Old 02-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Rod-Z-Guam

Question 50 state legal certification / More ground level pics please.

Originally Posted by visionboy
hey guys, i have tons of pics of the install and also from further back, i will post them up later...

also diesel350...i think i know where the vibration maybe coming from...we had to ghetto rig a certain part cuz it was hitting a bolt...but it was real easy to fix...no vibration noise what so ever...i'll get that pic up to you later as well..im at work right now
I'm about two months away from having enough money saved to purchase the HKS Exhaust system for my 350Z. The cops here can be real ********* so I was wondering whether or not the HKS System comes with any type of documentation acknowledging it's 50 state legal (just in case).

Also if possible could you (or anyone else running the HKS system on a 350Z) post pictures (ground level from the rear) that reflect how low the HKS system sits. The ground level pics posted look like they may have been taken at night. The reason I ask for the pics is because there are a couple of speed bumps I have to cross on the street leading to my condo and if I inadvertently damage the exhaust system crossing the speed bumps . . ."upset" is a mild understatement of how I'll be feeling after spending $1,500 (approx.) on the HKS system. Can you feel my pain? LOL.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 PM
sokudo9l6

it appears that the tips sit very close to the bumper. Any of you experience bumper discolorations?
Old 02-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Kam350z

looks awesome, I ordered mine tonight and I'll be getting it installed next saturday. can't wait.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:56 AM
Roggan

Originally Posted by sokudo9l6
it appears that the tips sit very close to the bumper. Any of you experience bumper discolorations?
The TI tips are slightly larger diameter then the stock pipes so they will be closer to the bumper. I dont think that would cause any issues as the tips are only connected to the acctual exhaust with the 2 bolts, so low heat transfer, i havent installed mine yet but it looks like the tips would almost be more of a heatsheld then transmitting a lot of heat.

/Roger

Quick Reply: HKS Hi Power Exhaust...