Old 03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
jakesford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad its not resonated...
Old 03-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tbaggs: you need to check directly with Strup or partshipperdave for the price.

RNL323: yes, i'll ask Ted to install both for me later.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
NJDAN

I am sponsored by Strup and I am waiting for my test pipes, they should be here in the next day or 2 then I will install my headers and test pipes. But they look real nice.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:27 PM
ZinMiami

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I don't see why they are necessary
Do a search on "cracked pipes" or "cracked cats", etc.

Many recent posts, mine included about cracking at the flanges etc, lately due to lack of support for the forward exhaust.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by ZinMiami

Many recent posts, mine included about cracking at the flanges etc, lately due to lack of support for the forward exhaust.
any link to it?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

oki, got some spec from Strup:

2 1/2 x .065 ,
T-304 Stainless Steel Tubing
8 to 10 H.P. Gains

Last edited by Bubble; 03-29-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZinMiami

Hmmm, mine have been fine without them. I cracked my old ones from trying to make brackets
Old 03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
steela2110

I am very interested to see what the results are on this... I just had Ted install my strup headers too!!! Hey bubble, are the test pipes resonated or not? Just wondering... thanks man.

Chris
Old 03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by steela2110
I am very interested to see what the results are on this... I just had Ted install my strup headers too!!! Hey bubble, are the test pipes resonated or not? Just wondering... thanks man.

Chris
I don't think so Chris. It's just one straight pipe. No restriction.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
shifty711

Originally Posted by steela2110

Chris
I have to take this opportunity to be a smart ***, so here it goes. Do you see a damn resonator on the pipe?

Sorry man, you set your self up for that one

Old 03-28-2006, 07:59 PM
StillAlive2029

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Still NO mounting brakets. Thats about the only thing keeping me from test pipes right now.
mounting brackets for what? and what are people doing without them on these?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

StillAlive2029: under your sig asking for suggestion about header/test pipe.

STRUP man.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:55 PM
plumpzz

brackets aren't neccary. If your gonna rely on a little 5 X 2 inch piece of metal to hold up an exhaust, then the many feet of weld should take care of it. I think most of the cracked test pipes cracked because of the muffler portion was pushing against the test pipe. A little flex is a good thing :-D

Those test pipes are tight..i wish they'd make a resonated version of it
Old 03-29-2006, 04:56 AM
partshipperdave

hey all - We're just working out final pricing details with Charlie over at Strup and we'll have a great sale on them very soon. I'll be posting a vendor classified ad for this sale too, and will post the link to it here also, for your reference.

I have a set of these sitting on my desk right next to me, and I have to admit that the pics that Bubble posted are great, and definitely show the quality that is put into making these pipes - as we've all come to expect from Strup!

True they are not resonated, and they do not have the mounting brackets. Resonated pipes, IMO, is personal choice, but not needed, and the mounting brackets aren't needed either. The test pipe/cat area of the exhaust system is not a high stress area where a lot of weight is being supported. The other factory mounting points are more than adequate, as is the quality of the welds on these pipes to withstand the stress that an exhaust system on these cars is subjected to. Personally, I wouldn't loose too much sleep over that one.

I'll let you all know as soon as we can get these on sale and give you all a great deal. Thanks for your interest and the good words!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Slick 6MT

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by partshipperdave
hey all - We're just working out final pricing details with Charlie over at Strup and we'll have a great sale on them very soon. I'll be posting a vendor classified ad for this sale too, and will post the link to it here also, for your reference.

I have a set of these sitting on my desk right next to me, and I have to admit that the pics that Bubble posted are great, and definitely show the quality that is put into making these pipes - as we've all come to expect from Strup!

True they are not resonated, and they do not have the mounting brackets. Resonated pipes, IMO, is personal choice, but not needed, and the mounting brackets aren't needed either. The test pipe/cat area of the exhaust system is not a high stress area where a lot of weight is being supported. The other factory mounting points are more than adequate, as is the quality of the welds on these pipes to withstand the stress that an exhaust system on these cars is subjected to. Personally, I wouldn't loose too much sleep over that one.

I'll let you all know as soon as we can get these on sale and give you all a great deal. Thanks for your interest and the good words!

Once you guys set the prices for these I'm definitely buying a set of these along with a set of Strup headers from you! (A combo special would be nice ) As far as the cracking issue goes, the welds look great and I'm sure they will hold up just as they should. Also, if something were to go wrong I guarantee that Dave/Charlie will take take of the issue right away! These are good, reputable people and I'm looking forward to getting a set for myself!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:19 AM
BKMC

I think a good question would be "how does it sound?" I just yesterday put on APS test pipes, which looks exactly like the strups. My exhaust setup includes crawford headers (which is FS), and stock catback exhaust. It sounds horrible IMO. It has a metallic tingy raspy sound from 2500-3000 rpms, and also at full throttle at pretty much any rpm. The only reason i can withstand the sound is because ill be putting on some turbos which will help reduce it. From my experience (kinetix resonated test pipes, crawford high flow cats, APS test pipes) i think the best way to go (for naturally aspirated) is high flow cats. Its pretty loud, less restrictive than stock, and no rasp.

Anyways, I dont knwo how much the strup test pipes are, but they look REALLY REALLY nice. Nice welds and SHINY!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by Slick 6MT
Once you guys set the prices for these I'm definitely buying a set of these along with a set of Strup headers from you! (A combo special would be nice ) !
it's been raining in San Jose for the last 2 days. I'll take picture of the STRUP header.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:26 AM
nissansource

aps is made in china looks like robotic welds nice piece wouldnt doubt the china part though...
Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 AM
partshipperdave

We will have these on sale and up on our site VERY soon. Pics and pricing to follow. We're also going to make a kit deal available for those who want to get the Strup headers and test pipes at the same time. This will be a nice package deal! We'll take care of you all, don't worry.

Thanks and stay tuned!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
georgec

Originally Posted by nissansource
aps is made in china looks like robotic welds nice piece wouldnt doubt the china part though...
APS exhaust parts are designed and packaged in Aust - not China.

George

Quick Reply: ** FIRST LOOK at STRUP test pipe **