Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM
enriquez49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom exhaust

I visited a muffler shop and they can fabricate an exhaust system for my Z...has anyone in this forum had an exhaust built for their Z???? Are they comparable to the aftermarket exhaust systems, as far as performance is concerned?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:11 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes. Just search custom exhaust for critiques. There are several advantages to a out-of-the-box cat-back exhaust:

a. Quantity production keeps prices reasonable
b. You can read critiques about the exhaust here
c. It will sound similar to the same exhaust on another 350Z

Advantages of a custom set-up
a. Pick the components (resonators, mufflers) that you want
b. Your exhaust is unique: one of a kind.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:35 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are serious issues to having a custom exhaust made and things to consider.

You have to know what your doing and you have to know the science of exhaust and the products. You can't just trust your muffler shop. You also have to really know these cars and how and why they make certain sounds when certain combinations of pipe and muffler types are put together....otherwise it will be disastrous and your money will go right down the drain.

Check out this thread. I'm really not trying to sell you anything...but this new system could just be what your looking for.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91857

Here's a little of my history to let you know where I'm coming from. I've actually purchased 9 of the aftermarket exhaust systems out there and installed and tested them on my G35 coupe - also had 4 systems custom built. I did this not as a mistake - but for testing purposes to see why so many of the systems out there are so bad.

The issue is that almost every system drones terribly, looses bottom end torque and makes minimal real RWHP gains. Realistically - the best system out there is the Borla - but it still drones, and it gets worse after about 2 weeks and more over time.

The number one thing I've heard on the boards is that everyone wants an exhaust that actually enhances the sound the car makes to begin with - everything out there actually changes it, not makes it better.

In my own personal quest and test - as you'll see in the thread I posted above - that system is now just coming available to market in the next week or so. Read the thread - there are dyno's, pics and clips, etc. The company is also getting their ducks in a row for sponsorship on the boards as well, so you'll see more info soon.

Also - here's another thread that can help educate you a bit on how exhaust works - if your not so inclined.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...austtheory.htm

Hope that helps!

Rick

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 04-26-2006 at 07:04 AM.