Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Another PRO-1 Install! (56k~ehh)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:35 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another PRO-1 Install! (56k~ehh)

Hey guys, (excuse all spelling/grammer, english is my 3rd lang.)

as most of you may have known I've been weighting for the PRO-1 exhoust to come back to the market for a long time. They finally are available since 2 weeks ago and I purchased one trough MR2LITER here on the forums that is selling them. The shiped price of the item was $450. Allot of people weighting for this exhoust have not bought one since 6 months ago they were only selling for $375 shipped.

Here is my review/install of the product:

First here is the BEAST! I got her 3 months ago and can't stop moding her now.

This is a picture of how the exhoust was nicely wraped and protected in its shipping box. There was no parts missing.

The Beutifull exhoust unwraped.

Further inspection of the exhoust reviels a new DING on it. I was kinda upset by this since the exhoust was wraped a certain way in the box that the ding could not have accoured during shiping and I believe was there b4 hand. Inspected all the welds and they are all good.

Now here is ware the problem starts. I try to take off the silencers that are in the N1 canisters. First one comes right off but the second one is not budging. I aplied wd40 to it, and nothing!. Im telling you I got my friends and 2 of us held it and 2 of us pulled the silencer, it would not budge. After 2 hourse we decided to Destroy, the silencer that it was not worth saving anymore. We put it in a vice, used plyers, a freaking crowbar for christ sake! We were vary carefull not to dmg the sxhoust. Here is 2 hourse later with 4 diferent guys attempting to take the silencer off:

We then came to the conslusion that we hade to DRILL the SOAB out so we were carefull not to puncture the exhoust and drilled 2 wholes in it. inserted some bolts in there and clamped it to a vice and 3 of us pulled it. At first attemped we ripped the work bench off the wall. we tried many times and finally got it. After inspecting why it was stuck, I found out that it was a BAD WELD for the tip that was NOT grinded/sanded down! I was so pissed. There was a raise on the inside around 5oclock on the picture. Man was I pissed. I shouldnt have gone trough so much to take a freaking silencer out.

Anyway moving on, we started to take off the stock exhoust and let me tell you its a pain in the as$. It took us 5 hourse total but we eat and drank some beers and fooled around. We came to a brick wall after we realized that my Y-pipe conection was rusted together and the bolts are stripped. So what did we do? We got mark to bust out the GRINDER!

We sent him down there to cut the studs off and grind the flange flat.

then we hade to drill out the stud bolts! I was like WTF now, it just seams like everything was working against us, but I was eager to get it done. So we started drilling out the studds and our bits got dulled in 2 seconds, Went to lowes across the street and bought a $12 drill bit. It only worked for 1.5 bolts and it just passed 10 so lowes was closed. we decided to drill a smaller whole a 5mm instead of 9mm and used smaller bolts in the end to hold it. here is the PAIN IN THE AS$ heavy stock exhoust. By this time we should not have been working with powertools.

After we got that out of the way the installation was a breeze and only took 30min! I was so excited that we were going to start the car soon! 6 hour remouval 30 min install! lol, sorry I did not get better pics but here is a pic of the start up.

WOW i tell you the exhoust sounded AWSOME! I almost ****ted my pants and I totally forgot what the past 6 hourse of agrevation was. My friend then lowered the car from the 4" ramps and then proceeeded to steal my car and drive it around the block! I was like WTF I wanted to drive it first! lol anyway it was midnight and im pretty sure we woke up everyone in the neighborhood... twice, when I took it out for a spin. The car sounded like a BEAST! I think this is the best soundind exhoust ive ever heared. There are sound clips of this exhoust out and around but they dont do it any justice. We were all impressed of the way it growled at us and the agressivness of the tone when we hit the clutch. I live around Dover DE so if you want to hear/see this exhoust personnaly just shoot me a PM. I drive up to newark almost daily. After driving around a few times I did notice a little lag in response time but nothing to fuss about but what made me really happy is that I could feel the +11 HP that was guaranteed dyno proven! I felt harder pulls on my top end. And I cant weit to hit up the track again. Overall b/c how awsome this exhoust was I give it a 9/10. The point missing was for the dent + silencer that I dont have anymore (can i get one for free mr2liter?). Just the sheer exhilaration of the exhoust made me happy like I was a kid again! I recomend this exhoust to anyone that is not afraid to be loud. On the side note, This exhoust is only loud at WOT at idle it sounds as quiet as the stock ones but with a deeper more mean growl, like a muscle car. The install time if we were not ****ing around should have only taken 2 hourse. The installation of the exhoust was real easy and there was no rubbing issue. also the exhoust ways onlt 34lbs so you loose allot of weight. I would guess around 20-30lbs. The straight flow through design is the winning factor of this exhoust.

I would like to give props to Shane, Mark and Kile for helping me out and Shane for doing all he work and us supervizing! Thanx allot man, couldnt do it witout yea! Mr2liter for fast shipping and being vary helpfull over the phone! Great product and quality overall. Im vary pleased.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Thumbs up

Sounds like an overall good experience.. Too bad about that ding/silencer problem... There is almost always a problem to encounter when messing with the undercarriage since it is so exposed to the elements..... Good story though..
Old 12-16-2006, 07:31 AM
first350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice install - sucks that it took so long just to get the OE exhaust off...I always try to spray WD-40 on ever bolt the night before; so far all of my bolt/nuts have come off w/out issue.

any pics from farther away?

-Peter
Old 12-16-2006, 08:56 AM
ofl0926

Originally Posted by Freak
where can u get them for 375?

yea i would like to know the same thing... also if possible try posting a sound clip of your car
Old 12-16-2006, 10:50 AM
MUZZY

sorry guys cant get them for $375 anymore, they inflated to $450 since they are on high demand and such a awsome exhoust. I cant get a sound clip but if you look up pro-1 on search there is one there. more farther pics coming up.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:32 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Damn, that sucks it took so long to get the stocker off, the ding, and the silencer. My left silencer is hard to get in and out, but they come right off if you pull it out with a vice grip.

BTW, I might be selling my pro-1 exhaust. It all depends on whether I can get a replacement exhaust to put on the car or not.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Addicted2Racing
Banned

Originally Posted by ofl0926
yea i would like to know the same thing... also if possible try posting a sound clip of your car
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9_M8a***D...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EaWKnq0q8...elated&search=

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...cdc9c697cb.htm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...579&pr=goog-sl

I've always loved the Pro1 exhausts! Here's the sound clips! Have fun!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 AM
first350

thnx for the links!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! I had trouble with the stock exhaust too... it sucks when you don't use the proper tools for the job, takes 5x longer!

Nice vid:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...579&pr=goog-sl

I'll bet the neighbors LOVE that guy, lol!

Zquicksilver

Last edited by Zquicksilver; 12-18-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 AM
MUZZY

Would like to thank Mr2liter for sending out a new silencer for me. Props!

Would recomend Mr2liter if you guys plan on purchasing the pro-1, He has the cheapest price around and its authentic pro-1. Great service, and overall great guy. Will do buisness again.

Pics.. working on it today.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:30 AM
MR2liter
Banned

Old 01-04-2007, 08:45 PM
R4v3rb01

Man im having even more trouble i cant take both of them out. But besides that fast delivery and great customer service from MR2liter but if i can get a pair of new silencers ill appreciate it cause who knows what ill have to do to take them off
Old 01-04-2007, 09:12 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont wanna steal your thread but here are my sound clips..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMR59URCT8g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt9Qpb6jZYU
Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 AM
FairladyZX

nice! sounds like a monster wit 'em pro1
Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 AM
CaliTouring

i love this exhaust
Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by CaliTouring
i love this exhaust

looks just like the DNX crap I purchased earlier this year, it maybe the same thing since they look identical. Is it loud as all hell too?? Lol
Old 01-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Rollin

just got mine yesterday... Cant wait to install it.. woot woot!!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 PM
chickmagnet

i need scilencers for mine, if you know where i can get some send me a pm
top speed pro 1
Old 01-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Manu

Anyone knows how many DB the TS puts out ? Isn't the legal limit around 95 db ?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Another PRO-1 Install! (56k~ehh)