Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

AEM intake problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 06:22 PM
srobert910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AEM intake problems?

Has anyone had any problems with their AEM air intake? A friend of mine has an Auto touring and had a local shop install his AEM CAI about a month ago. Well last week he was driving his car and noticed a greenish liquid coming from under the hood. Opened the hood and he thought he had an antifreeze leak. Well , took it to the dealer, and they found that one of the lines for the A/C had been making contact with the square factory part of the air intake. It wore a small hole in the line and he lost most of the freon in the a/c system. All of this cost him about $600 to fix, and he now has his factory intake installed again. I never saw any of this, so i'm not sure how close the part is to the a/c lines, but is there something missing to protect this from happening? I was seriously considering this air intake, but this has really gotten me gun shy.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:56 PM
BZNYA

I have the AEM installed (did myself) and have no problems. Your friend sholud go back to the people that installed it and have them pay for it as they did not follow the instructions. The instructions with the kit show you how to re-route the airconditioning wire to accomodate the kit. The shop probably just installed it "guess" style....My advice if you get the kit is install it yourself and follow the instructions with the exception of removing the strut bar, you can install the kit with out having to do that....
Old 06-24-2003, 09:44 PM
quangquoclu

Installed my AEM intake about a week ago by myself and everything seems to be fine. It might be the technicians fault so make him fix it.