Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Relocating evap canister on Amuse exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tac-M
hi tony! could you possibly custom fab a few kits to help us out ? all it nees to be is a box with 3 holes ( that match the stock connections) some longer hoses and a mounting bracket. I know there will be very little demand, but for a custom, good quality part like that I would pay $$$.

thanks, ak.
I'll get back under the car and look into it.
I just may need one for the exhaust I am working on, but have been trying to avoid doing anything with the evap.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you tony, as long as it is a sealed canister, it works. the size really does not matter, my pvc can, is no larger than a can of coke.

so something like a generic oil catch can with modified connections will work very well.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

If thats the case, why not just use a 3-way hose fitting?
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
jonnylaw

hmmm. I'm really hoping that my tech is able to install everything correctly by removing the heat shield, shaving down a corner of the canister, wiggle it around a bit, and heat wrap the canister and lines. From what I gather it would be a tight fit, but entirely possible and less hassle then having to fab up a new evap canister and find a proper place and bracket to mount it.

But if anyone can do it I know Tony can! Good luk Tac with finding a permanent solution. I'll let you guys know how my install turns out.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Thanks for the props Jonny. If it can be done this easily, I'll find a way to refine it enough to make it look like a stock part. Shouldn't be hard.

Maybe a simple 3-way brass fitting with with specific accomodations at each side? ...It sure would make the whole evap box fitment problem go away quite nicely.

I know a few people in my area with the same exhaust system and they have the same issues. Even with thermal tape, the corner of the box gets melted.

---

On a different subject...
When you assemble your exhaust on the car, take a good look at the flanges on each side of the b-pipe. Are the b-pipe flanges square and parallel to the mating flanges of the y-pipe and muffler section?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Tac-M

^

thank you ! ! !

i would think that all amuse owners and some greddy owners would like to get this kit. I know I am
Old 12-11-2007, 08:32 AM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Thanks for the props Jonny. If it can be done this easily, I'll find a way to refine it enough to make it look like a stock part. Shouldn't be hard.

Maybe a simple 3-way brass fitting with with specific accomodations at each side? ...It sure would make the whole evap box fitment problem go away quite nicely.

I know a few people in my area with the same exhaust system and they have the same issues. Even with thermal tape, the corner of the box gets melted.

---

On a different subject...
When you assemble your exhaust on the car, take a good look at the flanges on each side of the b-pipe. Are the b-pipe flanges square and parallel to the mating flanges of the y-pipe and muffler section?
Tony, u the man, u know that. You made the most cost effective hp/$ mod for the revups. You continue to develop parts for the VQ community. I think I speak for all of us, that your are an invaluable resource!

Regarding the assembling of the exhaust, I requested to my tech that he photo the process of the installation of the exhaust, so hopefully you're question can be answered when I receive those photo's. I wish I could have been their for their install, but I had an interview today (that didn't go so well btw )

Thanks for your time and effort Tony!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Good Luck on the job hunt!

Sometimes the interviews that don't seem to go well are the ones that actually do.

It happend to me when I interviewed at Boeing. I thought I bombed it, but I got hired.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
jonnylaw

quick couple of revs not under load:

http://home.comcast.net/~jofficer1/a...use%20blip.wav

will try to do a proper flyby sometime soon

Some installed pic's (tech will forward me some pics of the install process and I will post them when they are received:

My tech was able to sucesfully relocate the evap canister a good 3/4 inch away from the amuse pipe--some heat wrap around the lines and such--there is a nice clearance I think--he did a good job!

Last edited by jonnylaw; 12-12-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!! Just needs the Ti y-pipe and it would be perfect!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nismo Diff cover looks sweet.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 AM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do teh ricer fly-by!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
na_350z

I'm just purchased a Evo'2 exhaust and noticed that it wont be coming with an EVAP relocation kit. I've read on here that there's no need to relocate the EVAP just wrap it with heat wrap, shave off the corner that touches the exhaust and wrap all lines. Is that correct? And has anyone gone this route. I have no clue on how to relocate the EVAP nor what to use to relocate it. I rather not move anything but I want to make sure that wrapping the EVAP and lines is safe!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Tac-M

with evo-2 relocation is a must ! or it won't fit. as far as i know, greddy ships them with a kit. so unless you got it used or something you should have it.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
na_350z

Originally Posted by Tac-M
with evo-2 relocation is a must ! or it won't fit. as far as i know, greddy ships them with a kit. so unless you got it used or something you should have it.
Thanks bro... that's exactly what I wanted to know. So I guess I have to figure out a way to relocate the EVAP without the braket. I purchased the exhaust used so it wont be coming with the braket. Now to figure out a way to relocate it. I'm thinking now that I should just have purchased the exhaust new.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 PM
jonnylaw

After a couple of days with the Amuse--I reallly like it! with the Tanabe it's really deep and quite mellow until wot, when it screams and has a titan exotic type sound.

Sorry for the delay on the drive-by all, freezing temps and 8+ inches of snow has created a problem--but as soon as the weather gets a little better I'll do a super ricer fly-by and post the video!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
jonnylaw

Some more pic's of the install process:

Old 12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
terrorist22

Originally Posted by na_350z
Thanks bro... that's exactly what I wanted to know. So I guess I have to figure out a way to relocate the EVAP without the braket. I purchased the exhaust used so it wont be coming with the braket. Now to figure out a way to relocate it. I'm thinking now that I should just have purchased the exhaust new.
Contact Corner3 Garage in Irvine. I have an Amuse exhaust and all they did was remove some more plates on the outboard side of the car, and it allowed the EVAP canister to move a couple of more inches.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
jonnylaw

btw all, I am working with my tech on a custom aluminum heat shield to fit over the evac box, and then possibly a custom air deflector... Will post pics when completed.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
jonnylaw

a few sound clips of in cabin:

http://home.comcast.net/~jofficer1/cabin/cabin1.wav

http://home.comcast.net/~jofficer1/cabin/cabin2.wav

http://home.comcast.net/~jofficer1/cabin/cabin3.wav

Quick Reply: Relocating evap canister on Amuse exhaust