Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Motordyne Single Shockwave)))

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 AM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motordyne Single Shockwave)))

I bought a MD Single Shockwave system as well as a MD VQ axleback. I haven't received the VQ yet but had the Single Shockwave))) installed yesterday. I had my local muffler shop do it as I didn't relish trying to do it under jack stands. The installer said the fitment was great and no problem.

The exhaust is loud!!! I installed the XYZ pipe with a straight pipe section. The Single is going to be used for auto-x and the VQ will be for DD. The Single is way too loud for me as a DD but it sounds wonderful. I only drove it from the shop to the office, and then home but it was a lot of fun. Again, way too loud for me as a DD, but I'm an old fart.

I picked up the stock exhaust from the installer this morning. The first thing that struck me was how heavy it was. The MD system came in one big box; XYZ w/straight pipe, Single Shockwave axleback, and resonated midpipe, plus hardware. I was able to easily pick up the entire box and load it into the back of my truck then unload it. Very lightweight. When I picked up the stock exhaust this morning, I couldn't believe how heavy each section was. I know there are actual weight numbers available, but I was just impressed by the weight difference.

I can't wait to drive the car with the new exhaust and can't wait for the VQ section to arrive so my neighbors don't torch my house.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 AM
B2autodesigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your happy with the exhaust. Do you have any pics of the single on the car?

Charles
Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by B2autodesigns
Glad your happy with the exhaust. Do you have any pics of the single on the car?

Charles
Here is mine:

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
dhays

Originally Posted by B2autodesigns

Charles
I haven't, but mine looks just like Scotts300's as my Z is silver as well. It would look better with a bumper tuck, but the car will have the VQ on most of the time so it really doesn't matter.

I should mention that I bought the exhaust through B2autodesigns and have been very happy with the communication and price.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
hunter6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice...very interested to hear review and see pics of the VQ.

Justin
Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
dhays

Originally Posted by hunter6
Nice...very interested to hear review and see pics of the VQ.
I'll do that. Now if you all could just stop ordering Motordyne exhausts for a day or two then maybe they could get my VQ fabricated and sent out.