Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SRS Exhaust/Ebay Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:34 PM
BYBYCOP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS Exhaust/Ebay Exhaust

I'm new here, but I wanted to offer any advice for anyone looking to install an SRS exhaust on their Z...And yes, the ebay one. I just got/installed mine today, and so far so good. It sounds great, it looks great, and the fitment couldn't be more perfect. So anyways, I'd like to do a write-up on it similar to what "Columbo" did so as to provide solid information to you people who are thinking about getting one of these. Given that there isn't a ton of information out there on these exhausts (Other than people saying they suck because they're less than $300), anyone what has any questions, feel free to ask. I figured for the money, you can't beat it, even if it does break a year down the road, I paid $265 shipped and received it in 5 days with great customer service. Additionally, I bought it from Nissangtrpower on eBay, who on the post offered a warranty if the part were to break, or if there are any problems with it whatsoever. Now, will he actually help me should something break? That's still to be decided, however, if you can't trust someone on eBay, then who can you trust? right?...Right.

So, I'm sure everyone has seen the YouTube video's of this exhaust, and it sounds pretty good, perhaps even better in person as opposed to the videos. So what you see/hear, is pretty much exactly what it is. I'll try to post some pictures and video on here within the week, but first I must learn how to do that. Forums are always difficult to navigate when you're new. In the meantime, any questions, just shoot me an email or on this thread.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:26 PM
217350z

things to consider Bybycop...
Have you weighed this exhaust? (I bet its pretty heavy)
It will look sparkling brand new right now, wait a few months ? out in the rain/snow? steel will rust !
THE BIGGEST REASON...
The cheap ebay exhaust you have does nothing but add SOUND... it probably decreases in performance...
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 217350z
things to consider Bybycop...
Have you weighed this exhaust? (I bet its pretty heavy)
It will look sparkling brand new right now, wait a few months ? out in the rain/snow? steel will rust !
THE BIGGEST REASON...
The cheap ebay exhaust you have does nothing but add SOUND... it probably decreases in performance...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have an srs on my z right now. Had to put on after i sold the nismo.

this is the crappiest exhaust i've ever seen. it's not even 3 inch piping. cheap piping, not real stainless. it's like chrome painted or something, sound is not great and i cna't wait to take this piece of crap off.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Tanman1986
Banned

Go with Agency power or AAM, You pay for what you get, thats just the way of thing.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
n8939m

I put the Ebay SRS Exhaust on my 06 after doing alot of research. I tried a friends motordyne shockwave v2 and loved the throttle response and overall performance, but it was just WAY too loud for me. I listened to many clips of other cars with various exhausts and decided on the SRS. It has a very deep tone at idle and throughout the rpm range. It also sounds great and makes good power. I can easy foot the car around and it is just a little louder than stock for normal driving. When I am at full throttle it is much louder than stock, sounds great and is still much quieter than the v2. The only complaints I have are.... 1. The fit is not perfect like with the name brand exhausts. The flanges and hangers are spot on, but the the two tips at the rear were off about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch from being centered with the rear bumper. 2. There was a buzzing rattle from the tips. Where the piping joins the tips, they welded the "outer" tip where it joins the piping. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of piping going "inside" the tips that they did'nt remove so it made a buzzing/rattle noise. I took it to a friends and we welded the inside piping to the inside of the tips. Problem solved....I do not have any rasp or vibrations with my setup and this y-pipe back SRS exhaust. art pipes, megan y pipe. The ebay SRS has an exhaust clip to listen for yourself on the add.

Last edited by n8939m; 04-08-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM
BYBYCOP

The weight of the exhaust is actually much lighter than the stock set-up, which concerns me to the extent of the quality of the exhaust. And, you could be right, it could rust out in a year from now, however, as I previously mentioned, $265 for an exhaust that sounds good and DOESN'T decrease performance, isn't bad. Again, I will update you guys on how it holds up over time.

As I'm sure N8939M would agree, the SRS definitely doesn't decrease HP. You can feel it kick in at about 4500RPM - I have a JWT intake and after the exhaust was installed, it made a noticeable improvement. Now, I wouldn't say that it made 15 HP, but I wouldn't doubt at least 8 at the wheels. I'm going to do a Dyno towards the end of April and post the results from this "crappy" exhaust. Worst case scenario, I'll buy something that's name brand quality towards the end of this year, but I wanted something to toy with in the mean time.

I installed the exhaust on Thursday April 7th and since then I've driven 55 miles throughout the D.C. area, with the two days of rain we just had, and so far I have no complaints. Still looks news. Still sounds new. I'm sure I'll have a problem with the baffle (sp?) as I've heard other peoples complaints about that (whatever it is). I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. But for now, nothing troublesome to report. Like I said, I will try to add photo's and video by the end of the weekend. Also, any thoughts on some black or bronze rims? My car is black.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 AM
humble05350z

Default ebay exhaus

i just ordered a set headers back for $370.00 shipped. will take pictures of the installment weekend of 6/4/11. like the guy said, the cost was cheap and there's a ton of these on youtube and look and sound really good. i too, am new to this forum, but have had my 05 350 since it was new and have no performance mods.
i also ordered a K&N open air filter.
i was thinking about some kind of ECU mod, can anyone help with that?
Also need advice on lowering the car. I have 19" Boyd's offset. 245 front 275 rear. too much wheel well showing. i don't want to lose handling. Anyone?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 AM
FATPUBUS

JIC 3" single FTW...
Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Please search humble
Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

update: my SRS tip cracked and is dangling. is making crazy noises.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:11 AM
krivera6950

My srs sounds like it has a vibrating hum from inside the muffler and it sounds horrible once u pass 2500rpm. My tips also were not aligned
Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
humble05350z

Default ebay exhaust

My pipes are JDM's. they're probably the same. sold from DNA Motoring.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most Chinese parts are disposable. Don't waste your time/energy/money.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure you can feel the 8whp on your butt dyno... sweet jesus mother of mary... and you wonder why people say the 350z is the new civic.

Pay a little more and get a quality exhaust that won't rust or crack or fall apart after looking at it and support manufacturers that actually R&D their product. This is part of the reason why quality companies pull out of the US market.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Slow06

My wife thought it'd be nice (and it was nice of her) to buy me a y pipe for my birthday a couple years back... Being nice I put it on and tried it out.... Fitment was terrible, buzzing sound was terrible, exhaust sounded terrible, and to top it off one day the damn thing broke right at the flex pipe and dragged the ground...
I went with an aam y pipe and AP set up and haven't looked back
Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 PM
BYBYCOP

Alright, I haven't updated this in a while, I didn't see all of your responses. Nonetheless, as I said in the beginning, I'd check in and jot down my experiences from time to time for those of you thinking about this exhaust. So, here's the deal:

I had the 1st SRS on for about 150 miles, and in time it was about 1 month. The baffle came loose because it wasn't ever welded, and it made the worst humming/rattling sound. So, I quickly contacted the eBay seller- NissanGTRpower. He contacted the manufacturer and got me a new exhaust free of charge (no shipping, not a penny), and let me keep the old one. Prior to him sending it out, I told him to please check the welds and do any work necessary so that this didn't happen again. Apparently he did something different. I've had the 2nd one on for over 500 miles now, and it still sounds perfect. The seller said that from time to time, they get released like that from the factory. Now, if you want my end opinion here it is -

It hurts to say, but you're all right to an extent. That extent being, you get what you pay for. I went into this thinking/expecting the worse, and came out half right. If I did it all over again (which I still will need to, eventually) - I would have bought the Megan Racing for $150 more, and I would've at that time if I had the money to spend. Regardless, I'm happy with what I've got now, and when it breaks again, I will be buying a better brand exhaust. My advice on this subject goes as follows - If you're dirt poor, and this is all you can afford to buy, go for it, but it will not be a long term deal no matter how nice it looks or how good it sounds. I expect to get another few months out of the one I have on now. And then what? well...it'll be name brand from here on out. If you do buy one, get it from NissanGTRpower, he sells Megan Racing too, and he's an honest eBayer. I'll probably buy that one from him when this one conks out.

End Game = Save up your money and buy name brand
Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM
n8939m

Default SRS Exhaust

You can look at my first reply to this thread below. In addition to that, I am very pleased with mine. Makes good power (butt dyno) and has the sound I was looking for. (no rasp and no cop attention) I still feel this is a good exhaust. If mine starts having the same problems I have read about I will post. I have only put 900 miles on my car since I installed it.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:44 PM
TheDangerZone

Originally Posted by BYBYCOP
Alright, I haven't updated this in a while, I didn't see all of your responses. Nonetheless, as I said in the beginning, I'd check in and jot down my experiences from time to time for those of you thinking about this exhaust. So, here's the deal:

I had the 1st SRS on for about 150 miles, and in time it was about 1 month. The baffle came loose because it wasn't ever welded, and it made the worst humming/rattling sound. So, I quickly contacted the eBay seller- NissanGTRpower. He contacted the manufacturer and got me a new exhaust free of charge (no shipping, not a penny), and let me keep the old one. Prior to him sending it out, I told him to please check the welds and do any work necessary so that this didn't happen again. Apparently he did something different. I've had the 2nd one on for over 500 miles now, and it still sounds perfect. The seller said that from time to time, they get released like that from the factory. Now, if you want my end opinion here it is -

It hurts to say, but you're all right to an extent. That extent being, you get what you pay for. I went into this thinking/expecting the worse, and came out half right. If I did it all over again (which I still will need to, eventually) - I would have bought the Megan Racing for $150 more, and I would've at that time if I had the money to spend. Regardless, I'm happy with what I've got now, and when it breaks again, I will be buying a better brand exhaust. My advice on this subject goes as follows - If you're dirt poor, and this is all you can afford to buy, go for it, but it will not be a long term deal no matter how nice it looks or how good it sounds. I expect to get another few months out of the one I have on now. And then what? well...it'll be name brand from here on out. If you do buy one, get it from NissanGTRpower, he sells Megan Racing too, and he's an honest eBayer. I'll probably buy that one from him when this one conks out.

End Game = Save up your money and buy name brand
If you're dirt poor, an exhaust for your car is one of the last things you should be buying. Just saying.... At least you're content with it though. Keep us updated.

Last edited by TheDangerZone; 05-27-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from personal experience, don't replace your oem parts with cheaper aftermarket parts. Why replace something that doesn't need to be replaced with something you "kinda" want. Get what you really want from the start.

Quick Reply: SRS Exhaust/Ebay Exhaust