Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Vibration - Invidia Gemini - 2000rpm

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
j3tt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ewles
are you talking about the slip joint resonator pipes, or the gemini system as a whole?

haha, i can completely understand you not wanting to do the install on your back in the weather lately, hopefully i will be ordering mine in a couple weeks, installing as soon as i get it. ill be in a shop, so if its still cold and you havent updated and i get slip joints, ill chime in on my thoughts
yes i have the new slip joints. unfortunately i am in the process of selling my exhaust but i love the way it sounds with my test pipes.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Rob_Z

Ok guys, I was about to purchase this Invida Gemini Exhaust. Would anyone still recomend it? Even with this new slip pipe? Kinda seems like it wouldnt offer any lateral flexing... and what happens after it collects dirt and carbon buildup? could it stop slipping? Also could it not leak?
Im wondering if i should change my selection. i want something fairly stock sounding and still good for a daily driver and this seemed like the best choice.
Anyone with the new slip joints have any feedback? thanks.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:47 PM
ewles

Originally Posted by j3tt2
yes i have the new slip joints. unfortunately i am in the process of selling my exhaust but i love the way it sounds with my test pipes.
how did the slip joints fit? any interference? my order date is getting closer and closer and id like to know before i put any money down on it.

Originally Posted by Rob_Z
Ok guys, I was about to purchase this Invida Gemini Exhaust. Would anyone still recomend it? Even with this new slip pipe? Kinda seems like it wouldnt offer any lateral flexing... and what happens after it collects dirt and carbon buildup? could it stop slipping? Also could it not leak?
Im wondering if i should change my selection. i want something fairly stock sounding and still good for a daily driver and this seemed like the best choice.
Anyone with the new slip joints have any feedback? thanks.
honda guys have been running slip joints for years in headers, the pipes will twist within one another and im sure that the amount of leverage on the pipes will be fine for the torsional flex required for an exhaust. if youre REALLY worried about it, you could put in some stiff or solid motor mounts and that will minimize engine flex.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Rob_Z

Thanks for the reassurance. I did infact order this exhaust it is on its way from California to Ontario Canada as we speak. Excited.
I also ordered myself the motordyne 5/16 spacer
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
ewles

Originally Posted by Rob_Z
Thanks for the reassurance. I did infact order this exhaust it is on its way from California to Ontario Canada as we speak. Excited.
I also ordered myself the motordyne 5/16 spacer
awesome! ill be ordering mine from nextmod in markham, on. on the 8th! its a pretty good deal there.

nice to see members are sometimes from ontario here! representing pickering here
Old 01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Rob_Z

Nice! im from Kingston. If i knew about the place in Markham i probly would have ordered from there to keep our money in counrty. I will check their website out. I wonder if i could have saved money buying from them... lol
Old 01-26-2013, 07:37 AM
ewles

their website is crap and i dont think they ship out, but im not sure. they are as cheap as possible for pretty much anything because they move a lot of product and it shows from the vehicles that they own that they move a lot. they only want 1100 cash, picked up for the gemini with Ti tips
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM
j3tt2

their website is crap and i dont think they ship out, but im not sure. they are as cheap as possible for pretty much anything because they move a lot of product and it shows from the vehicles that they own that they move a lot. they only want 1100 cash, picked up for the gemini with Ti tips
That's way to much, JBAutosports.com is selling it for $850 shipped and he will match any competitors price
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 AM
ewles

That's way to much, JBAutosports.com is selling it for $850 shipped and he will match any competitors price
are they located in canada? i googled and it says they are under maintinance for the 2013 update... if not, there is always shipping costs to canada and taxes/duties/brokerage at the border. theres a guy on ebay whos selling for US$817+112 shipping plus brokerage/duties(cant see till you order, but will most likely be about 100) so id only save 100 :/ but id rather be safe and order from a non-ebay seller
Old 01-26-2013, 09:24 AM
j3tt2

are they located in canada? i googled and it says they are under maintinance for the 2013 update... if not, there is always shipping costs to canada and taxes/duties/brokerage at the border. theres a guy on ebay whos selling for US$817+112 shipping plus brokerage/duties(cant see till you order, but will most likely be about 100) so id only save 100 :/ but id rather be safe and order from a non-ebay seller
jeremy@jbautosports.com is the main guys email. He's awesome and helped me out a ton on my parts. Tell him Duncan told you to email him about the exhaust. I give him a heads up already. I'm sure he does drop-shipping from the factory based on orders so he will do whatever he can to hook you up. But I don't know much about the border stuff lol, so you might be right. Give him a shout and see what he can do for you

Last edited by j3tt2; 01-26-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
ewles

jeremy@jbautosports.com is the main guys email. He's awesome and helped me out a ton on my parts. Tell him Duncan told you to email him about the exhaust. I give him a heads up already. I'm sure he does drop-shipping from the factory based on orders so he will do whatever he can to hook you up. But I don't know much about the border stuff lol, so you might be right. Give him a shout and see what he can do for you
got in an accident last night, not sure if the insurance will repair it or not since the bags went off. other than the bags, it should be ok, just some pass side quarter and rear suspension damage. im hoping all will be well. important thing is that im pretty much perfectly fine.
anyhow, i tell you this because even if they do repair the car, i wont be able to afford the exhaust right away, since ill be using money i saved for that for the deductible. thanks for looking out for me on the pricing, though! if everything goes well with the car, ill shoot jeremy an email
Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM
j3tt2

got in an accident last night, not sure if the insurance will repair it or not since the bags went off. other than the bags, it should be ok, just some pass side quarter and rear suspension damage. im hoping all will be well. important thing is that im pretty much perfectly fine.
anyhow, i tell you this because even if they do repair the car, i wont be able to afford the exhaust right away, since ill be using money i saved for that for the deductible. thanks for looking out for me on the pricing, though! if everything goes well with the car, ill shoot jeremy an email
Hey man good thing is your alive and ok. Hope everything goes well.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Rob_Z

That really sux to hear about your accident i hope they fix your car for ya.

I ended up getting it for $820, $950 with shipping from Cali to Canada and another $80 for border BS money grab. so $1030 which is about $100-$200 cheaper than anywhere else i tried to order it from with canadian shipping.
That was from an Amazon seller but i purchased it direct over the phone and got him down in price just a little bit.

Oh and it got shipped directly from the Jetword(Invidia) warehouse.

Last edited by Rob_Z; 01-28-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: added
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM
ewles

im up in the air on the repair. i still dont know what they would like to do. im thinking it would be better if the write it and cut me a fat cheque so i can get the 06 GT in redline that i found(only has 40,000mi and its a canadian car, so no need to worry about km/mi and drl's). i know the people that own the shop its at so i would be able to take my TP's, pop charger and stereo, returning everything to stock.
BUT! i really dont want to go through the hassle of returning it to stock, and since i got the car for 15, idk if theyd give me the 19 that the canadian blue book shows the average resale value of it for :/ ill be calling tomorrow morning to see what exactly is going on. i miss it like mad and this focus rental is murdering my patients and back D:
i cant believe that our passenger seats are $3000CAD WTF?! seat cover alone is like 1200 O.o

rob, thanks for the heads up. if i end up sticking to a z, whether it gets repaired or i get another one, ill have to ask you who the amazon user was, sounds like a pretty legit deal.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM
ewles

update on the car... its a write off :/
at least the insurance is giving me 1300+tax minus 500 deductible MORE than i paid for it
im going to replace my sweet victoria with a 2013 wrx 4dr in blue, i figure that the red z i saw for a decent price was probably a bad idea given the dumping of snow we just got, since it really is a summer only car and i cant afford it along with a winter :/

rob Z, if you dont have a pop charger yet, im willing to sell you mine for 100, shipped. i only got it on the car like a week or 2 before the accident, cost me 165 tax and shipping included off ebay because i couldnt find one here, shoot me a pm if youre interested
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Anybody with the revised slip-joint pipes care to update? Are there any issues with leaking?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:52 PM
sry110

Originally Posted by sry110
Anybody with the revised slip-joint pipes care to update? Are there any issues with leaking?
Quoting myself just to bump this thread. I just got done communicating with Invidia on this issue and they shipped me a set of replacement pipes. Not sure whether they are the spring-loaded slip joint type or what. Still wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the slip joint replacements just so I can decide whether or not to actually install them.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:47 PM
sry110

Bumping this thread again.
Did all the other Invidia Gemini owners die or something?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 AM
sry110

For anyone following along (which I gather is nobody), I installed a generic eBay engine damper kit (looks exactly the same as the Stillen unit based on photographs) hoping that it would prevent the Invidia flex pipe vibration issue and it did not solve the problem. I have my replacement Invidia y-pipe section (slip-on, spring-loaded unit as previous people have posted) and will install it as soon as I get the chance to put the car up on jackstands.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of us are watching

Quick Reply: Vibration - Invidia Gemini - 2000rpm