Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

DIY STILLEN/POP Charger Intake On the Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Kyle B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY STILLEN/POP Charger Intake On the Cheap

I've recently been doing a lot of research on intake design. Couple weeks ago i sold my z and removed all the aftermarket parts including the stillen intake i had on the car. for those of you who don't know; the stillen and pop charger have a beautiful velocity stack that bolts to the maf sensor housing. this velocity stack smooths out the flow of air throughout the entire rpm range thus creating more torque and higher peak hp.

well after looking at the stillen design and some of the products available on the market I've come up with a solution that will save a lot of money. I just haven't figured out a solution for how the maf bolts to the intake and haven't measured the size of velocity stack you'll need proly 3"...ill leave that up to the diy folks. but this is what I've come up with.

Theres a company on ebay(hate it or love it), BLOX, that sells velocity stacks for fairly cheap. These come with a 6" flange just like the stillen, and are available in a wide range of sizes from 2.5"-4" and in various colors to suit your needs. These can be had for about $30-$40 bucks! very cheap.

now ive also taken some measurements of the K&N filter that comes with the stillen. there are two part numbers that match those dimensions; RC-2960 and RC-2960XD extreme duty for heavy dust areas like where i reside in colorado. after some looking around at similar dimensions I've found that there are much higher flowing filters available. fitment might be a little tight but i think its possible to fit. for those of you guys with nitrous i would look towards RF-1044XD which flows 421 cfm and holds a lot of dirt before coming affected by the pressures. this would be a good option. or for those of you in low dust areas, RF-1044.

Stillen filter has the following dimensions.
Flange inside diameter- 6"
base outside diameter- 7.5"
top outside diameter- 5"
filter length- 5"

Sorry for all my ********. Heres what i would buy next time i do up a Z intake :were:

or

with

BLOX Velocity Stack

and

RF-1044XD
Old 12-29-2012, 08:05 AM
misterniceguy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good idea for those that don't have an intake yet. If I didn't I would give it a shot.