Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

need a bit of help... cats are stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 AM
HavokRBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a bit of help... cats are stuck

So I got myself a momentum cat delete y pipe and cat back dual exhaust from Z1. Amongst a lot of other ****. Well I pulled all my stock exhaust off except the cats and headers. Well where they connect I pretty much no longer have nuts and studs. It's pretty much rust rods and a ball of rust. I have searched thru a lot of the forums here without any definite answers on getting those studs out of there and replacing them with bolts and nuts. Wondering how to get them out and what size bolts will fit thru there and work to hold the y-pipe to the headers securely. Btw my cats are bad so I need them off haha. So all help is welcome.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:25 AM
The_Assassin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my cats with test pipes on my hr a month ago.It was the hardest thing I have ever done. It took hours just the remove them I had cuts and bruises everywhere. Good luck lol.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:45 AM
HavokRBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have already experienced all the cuts and bruises haha. My hands are tore up. My whole exhaust was rusted together. Nissan really chose some poor materials when it came to corrosion protection. It's as bad as Honda for the exhaust. I expected a little better before I climbed underneath.