Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Part identification needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014 | 08:05 AM
jfaas

Default Part identification needed

Can anyone help me figure out what this part is called so I can have it replaced? I have dual injen CAI's and there is a part up by the MAFS that connects to the intake tube and splits out to other hoses including the hose that runs to the other intake tube. It looks like a little box with 3-4 nippes on it for the tubes to hook to. There is one on the drivers side intake and a bigger one on the passenger side intake. I am not sure if this came as part of the aftermarket intakes or if it was a stock part because the intakes were already on it when I bought the car. The box had a crack at the nipple and it looked like someone tried to JB weld it, and the other day we were in there changing out a radiator and when I unhooked the intake, the part broke and im looking to replace it. We took a picture of it and went up to O'Reilly's but the kid at the counter had no idea. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2014 | 06:49 PM
jfaas

I have searched and cannot find the actual name for the part. I was hoping to find it on here before having to go to the dealer. Here is a picture I was able to find on the internet. Some are saying its an oil catch can(which I dont think it is), and some are saying its a resonator but when I search intake resonator im not finding it.Name:  mifli0_zpsbddecf10.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  95.3 KB
Old 10-07-2014 | 07:06 PM
Bmurray350z

that is the pcv system