Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

CA and Agency Power Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Paulqiv

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question CA and Agency Power Exhaust

I have currently received 2 fix it tickets due to my AP exhaust. One being passing another car (loud exhaust) the other I was literally cruising and officer joe decided to cite me for (loud exhaust) lol. The first was a good ol' state referee sticker so I couldn't get that signed off instead I put my OEM on took it to a state ref and paid 108$ to have it tested of which it passed the DB reading surprised right.

Anyways has anyone had this problem in CA. Does anyone have a 4K - 5.5k sound decimal reading of the AP exhaust. I am almost sure it won't stay under the legal 95db. How might I get around it so I can get that good Certified Exhaust paper.
Has anyone re-welded the AP Pipe to be more Discreet under our bumpers??? I'm planning on trying to go to a reputable muffler shop to try and we weld it so it's straight. Then I was thinking about ceramic coating the exhaust black. As I don't favor the burnt pull me over titanium. And then give the top secret diffuser a try!

Stock cats/M2 ypipe/ AP exhaust
Old 11-24-2015, 06:15 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulqiv
I have currently received 2 fix it tickets due to my AP exhaust. One being passing another car (loud exhaust) the other I was literally cruising and officer joe decided to cite me for (loud exhaust) lol. The first was a good ol' state referee sticker so I couldn't get that signed off instead I put my OEM on took it to a state ref and paid 108$ to have it tested of which it passed the DB reading surprised right.

Anyways has anyone had this problem in CA. Does anyone have a 4K - 5.5k sound decimal reading of the AP exhaust. I am almost sure it won't stay under the legal 95db. How might I get around it so I can get that good Certified Exhaust paper.
Has anyone re-welded the AP Pipe to be more Discreet under our bumpers??? I'm planning on trying to go to a reputable muffler shop to try and we weld it so it's straight. Then I was thinking about ceramic coating the exhaust black. As I don't favor the burnt pull me over titanium. And then give the top secret diffuser a try!

Stock cats/M2 ypipe/ AP exhaust
I would try a vibrant ultra quiet resonator.
Or motordyne xyz pipe resonated.
As far as making the exhaust straight i dont see how that will help any. Coating it wont help much. Adding a resonator is the only option outside selling it.
The following users liked this post:
Paulqiv (11-24-2015)