Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Help. Rev Holding issue - Want the exhaust to pop

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 04:23 AM
S_M_NZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Rev Holding issue - Want the exhaust to pop

Hey guys I'm new here and relatively new to the ownership of my 06 Fairlady Z (6MT Z33).

The previous owner of the vehicle has had a full custom titanium exhaust made for the car, and it sounds amazing, but I really want it to pop/crackle a bit.

When you quickly press the accelerator and then suddenly remove it the engine holds the revs at the maximum revs it spiked to for a second or so before dropping down. I'm guessing its some emissions regulation thing.

Does anyone know how to remove this stall period before the revs drop? I feel like thats the main thing holding the car back from popping.

Cheers heaps in advance.

Last edited by S_M_NZ; 06-16-2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Incase Fairlady / 350z hav
Old 06-16-2017, 04:42 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

Originally Posted by S_M_NZ
Hey guys I'm new here and relatively new to the ownership of my 06 Fairlady Z (6MT Z33).

The previous owner of the vehicle has had a full custom titanium exhaust made for the car, and it sounds amazing, but I really want it to pop/crackle a bit.

When you quickly press the accelerator and then suddenly remove it the engine holds the revs at the maximum revs it spiked to for a second or so before dropping down. I'm guessing its some emissions regulation thing.

Does anyone know how to remove this stall period before the revs drop? I feel like thats the main thing holding the car back from popping.

Cheers heaps in advance.
jeebus
Old 06-17-2017, 09:06 AM
sage_lee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it have test pipes or hfc. That is all. a 350z with stock cats will virtually never pop.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:57 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Old 06-18-2017, 07:01 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by S_M_NZ
but I really want it to pop/crackle a bit. I'm guessing its some emissions regulation thing.
You gotta 'hack & flash' the OEM ECU and crank up your 'deceleration enrichment'...

but it's possible...the down side is that the exhaust will, on occasion, spit unburnt fuel that will ignite when hits the hot exhaust pipe so you gotta be careful and prepared for flames to come out of your exhaust...

how much money do you have?

Last edited by bealljk; 06-18-2017 at 09:03 PM.