Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Actual Header (exhaust manifold) Dyno Sheets

Old 06-30-2004, 02:56 PM
garaget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Actual Header (exhaust manifold) Dyno Sheets

I was wondering which header (exhaust manifold) manufacturers actually have dyno sheets that show oem vs. theirs?

It would be good to just compare only header gains with no other changes including no cat removal. Then compare them with aftermarket addons. Dyno Sheets anyone?

Last edited by garaget; 06-30-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:36 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

you trust manuf. dyno sheets? In any case, do some searching and you'll find some dynos of the nismo and crawford headers.

Also, may want to add a ? in your thread title when posting a question
Old 07-02-2004, 09:17 AM
garaget

Thanks for the pointer

I just want to see actual results, most header makers don't ever list gains so it makes you wonder what real gains are there with spending over 600 dollars on a part that has less material than your catback. I would suggest a shoot out but who has the time or money for dyno runs?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:22 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crawford provides dyno sheets. very nice gains there, but you get what you pay for. ive seen a few nismo sheets around as well.

its very hard to find a stock car with just headers dyno bc nobody does headers first. whats the point if its still gonna be choked up by the cats and piping. the gains would be quite small on such a setup.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:11 AM
garaget

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
crawford provides dyno sheets. very nice gains there, but you get what you pay for. ive seen a few nismo sheets around as well.

its very hard to find a stock car with just headers dyno bc nobody does headers first. whats the point if its still gonna be choked up by the cats and piping. the gains would be quite small on such a setup.
Thanks for the input, I will do more searches, but with so many pieces in play there is more of a comparison on the whole setup then a specific part of the setup.

By what you are saying then no one should dyno unless they have intake, headers, test pipe, y-pipe, and exhaust, since all these will choke up in and out.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:15 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no im simply saying that its pointless to compare header gains on a stock car since they will not get max gains. its like putting cams on a stock car, the gains would not be what they should be. i think it is a good idea to dyno as often as you can so you know that the parts are performing right.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:23 AM
garaget

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
no im simply saying that its pointless to compare header gains on a stock car since they will not get max gains. its like putting cams on a stock car, the gains would not be what they should be. i think it is a good idea to dyno as often as you can so you know that the parts are performing right.
I am not trying to be a pain about this, but don't a lot of our vendors and manufacturers out there only dyno with one piece modifications as well?

Like the Y pipe article or exhaust only articles. I understand the gain from a Y pipe (with cat removal) or exhaust dyno would show more gains then just the header, but with your point taken the it would be "pointless to compare those pieces on a stock car since they will not get max gains" as well.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

how are the gains on nismo headers? Can you actually feel any gains or? I know crawfords seem to produce the best gains but is nismo even close or?
Old 07-02-2004, 11:25 PM
DanF

The reason many companies don't provide Dyno comparisons is because of some of the above staements. Many people do not trust the manufacturers info and many find fault with either the test, the dyno, the operator, the set-up, etc, etc.... The best possible test to perform is always at the track. But someone will always accuse the manufacturer of fabricating the results. The best dyno results are performed by each owner...