Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Some exhaust questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
anubyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some exhaust questions.

Ok I've just begun to modify my car (only cf radiator cover, cf engine cover, grounding kit, and JIC Y-Pipe so far). I have decided to go with JWT pop charger, Kinetix plenum, Ultima cats and the Amuse Titanium exhaust system. I am unsure of what to get for the headers though. People seem to favor the Crawford or Stillen on this site. How about the best sub $1500 header? That would be question number one.

Question number two is how loud is the Amuse Titanium? I've downloaded all the sound clips but will a cop pull you over for it? I really don't want to be hassled by cops so if this is the case, I am going to end up leaving the exhaust stock.

Some pics of the JIC Y-pipe. Sorry for the couple blurry ones.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:13 AM
350zkuwait

nice Y man :}
Old 09-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Annual

1. the only way it will even make a difference if if you run all the crawford stuff together. Headers are not worth the labor cost or time, as many other headers do nothing for you but quite your car down.

2. Cant give you a truthful answer, but I'm guessing a cop wouldnt pull you over. If thre are ricers out there with exhaust bouncing on the ground and that sound like lawnmowers, my best guess would be he compliments you on your new purchase.

I know this is probably no help, but I tried.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:39 AM
signalpuke

i read a article in super street a couple months back that said that 95dB was the loudest it could be in CA and still be legal. that is the reading from like 2' from the muffler. go to superstreetonline.com for more info
Old 09-21-2004, 05:44 AM
anubyss

Thanks for the replies. I have seen the artical and have read it. However, some cops don't even know the law and will still stop you and give you a ticket. You have to show up to court first to fight it. I just wanted to avoid that and was wondering if anyone has gotten pulled over for an excessive noise ticket with the Amuse exhaust. Now my choices for the header has grown to Nismo, Stillen, and Crawford lol.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
mgl

Originally posted by anubyss
Now my choices for the header has grown to Nismo, Stillen, and Crawford lol.

if you are gonna go through with headers, go for crawford. they may be a little more expensive, but seem to be the best so far, IMO. if you are gonna install them by yourself, be prepared to spend a day or 2 on the install. if you are gonna have them professionally installed, be prepared to open up your wallet for at least 6hrs of labor.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:24 PM
anubyss

Just something about the pics makes them not as 'clean' looking. Probably the coating and the welding. Not that the flow will be affected by the appearance of it on the outside.

Installation shouldn't be an issue as my friend own a tuning shop and they can just use the lift.