Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

First one to have the alphawerks headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 06:22 AM
turbo-maxima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
I am finding it impossible to believe that you gained 21 hp and 15 lb feet with no otehr mods except the header unless they played with the dyno values between runs. I just don't see those gains coming forth on an otherwise stock NA V6 motor.

looks like nice welds on them though
the VQ35 Maxima gained a peal hp of 32 whp over a y-pipe at 4800 rpm with equal lenght headers. And about 12-20 whp throughout the powerband.

And there was about 3 350z here in houston that I saw dyno in the same day make 220-230 whp stock. Longer tube primaries will increase torque and hp more than the current ones youll have out.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But a Z is not a maxima - the physical block and head castings are the same but thats it. ECU, cams, intake all are different
Old 10-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know..I was asking the poster

If they truly are "JDM" - which I highly doubt, I'd worry about them even fitting the car in the first place. While I cannot speak of all JDM headers, I know the NISMO Japan ones and the Fujitsubo will not fit the US Spec Z because of the steering rack. Not sure about other firms though.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:25 PM
turbo-maxima

the z's intake, cams, and ecu tuning ar emore aggresive and therefore SHOULD make more power than the maxima. Maybe the headers with a aftermarket y-pipe could yield 30 whp+.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Nexusindustry

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for the 350Z. We too share the same enthusiasm here at Nexus Industry with the newest Alphawerks Racing Development 350Z headers. The 350Z is a remarkable engine that is capable of more power than most companies are producing and we have proven it. Give your own cars more credit.

Nexus Industry is true racing development. We R&D each product, test fit, and dyno each product to match your real world conditions. Nexus Industry baselines, installs, and dynos the same day to maintain the same environment. We take JDM applications and modify them not only to fit your USDM model, but also to better match your US spec motor.

We will shortly post replies to all of your questions and will also post pictures of the original JDM 350Z headers and the modifications that had to be made to it to fit and run more power on USDM 350Z. We thank you for the opportunity to provide you with the best product on the market and for being true tuners and enthusiasts of the 350Z.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
www.nexusindustry.com
Exclusive NA Distributors of Alphawerks Racing Development.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Nexusindustry

Default Header + Dyno Specs: Alphawerks Racing Development

Header Specs:
T-304 Stainless Steel
Equal Length Runners
Heavy Duty Flanges
02 Sensor Mount to USDM Stock
CNC Machine Flanges
Machine TIG Welding

Dyno Specs:
DynoJet Dyno
SAE Power
SAE Torque
Baseline/Install/Header pull all same day
95.78 F, 30.53 in-HG
Independent Testing Facility: Speed Lab Dynos

(This is the Southernmost dyno facility in the USA and the dynos are done there because the ambient temperatures are always at least 95 degrees. Alphawerks requires us to do all the dynos this way to assure that each piece will make the power no matter what the conditions are.)

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 10-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Nexusindustry

Default R+D Pics 350z Header: Alphawerks Racing Develop.

The following are pics from an R+D test fit session. The JDM headers do not clear the USDM steering knuckles. This resulting in us dynoing the car that made +21hp/+15tq with this huge restriction on the left exhaust bank just so that we could make it fit.

So imagine that we can squeeze out 2-3 more horsepower when the new headers are sent to us with the modifications from Alphawerks.

Can't wait till the order arrives late Nov. to early Dec. Notice the size of the restriction next to one of our turbo kit turbines.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry, Inc.
www.nexusindustry.com
Exclusive NA Distributor of Alphawerks Racing Development
Old 10-27-2004, 10:08 AM
JeffR116

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm impressed.

I will be watching these headers with great enthusiasm, and maybe some Benjamins.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by bwzabodyn
ummm, yeah, what says it's not HIS company? And the company car? There is no way that ANY set of headers is going to make that much of a difference alone on an other stock N/A Z... NO WAY!

I think they messed with that first number because as stated before, that 222 hp sounds a little low (if it's a 6mt Z)
Good points. How about an IP check on slsfurious & Nexusindustry

Nice looking headers tho. Can't wait to see some independant dynos to prove these crazy claims (uh oh, not again)
Old 10-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Nexusindustry

These were tested by an independent facility. If you would like to contact them it is: Speed Lab in Homestead, FL. They did all the dynos the same day and will verify all the results for you as they are on their computer. Again these gains were made with the restrictions that were in the tubing to force the JDM header fit.

These were tested by an independent facility. If you would like to contact them it is: Speed Lab in Homestead, FL. They did all the dynos the same day and will verify all the results for you as they are on their computer. Again these gains were made with the restrictions that were in the tubing to force the JDM header fit and at 95.78° F.

As for the person whose car we tested the header on (aka slsfurious) he is always here helping us and we are always using his car as a test mule for the 350Z project. So if he was over zealous a bit, we understand because we see him at least twice a week. And yes thank you slsfurious we appreciate all your help.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 10-27-2004, 07:35 PM
ReavTek

Any chance of offering a decent discount for a group buy?
Old 10-27-2004, 10:02 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by zxsaint
Good points. How about an IP check on slsfurious & Nexusindustry
First thing I did, seems legit though. Wish it wasn't, I love busting people.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:33 PM
GY-Z

interesting result, free bump
Old 10-28-2004, 08:50 AM
SR20DEN

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
But a Z is not a maxima - the physical block and head castings are the same but thats it. ECU, cams, intake all are different
The '02+ Maxima has the identical cams as what is in the ' 03 350Z. This can be confirmed in the ESMs and by the part numbers.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Nexusindustry

FIRST:
I understand that some posters on this board are distributors for other brands and they defend their brands. That is fine. Again I am only here to give the facts. We here at Nexus congratulate all the companies out there that actually go the extra mile like we do to R+D for fit and performance.

SECOND:
At Nexus we do not bash just because we do not have the proper information. Please seek out the info you want, and ask the questions that you need answers to. I am here to give information because a thread was started here on the Alphawerks header.

THIRD:
Gruppe-S wanted the Dyno info. Thank you for the insightful question.

350Z Dyno Specs:
DynoJet Dyno
SAE Power = +21hp
SAE Torque = +15ft/lbs tq.
Baseline/Install/Header (all done same day)
95.78 F, 30.53 in-HG
Independent Testing Facility: Speed Lab Dyno
(This is the Southernmost dyno facility in the USA and the dynos are done there because the ambient temperatures are always at least 95 degrees. Alphawerks requires us to do all the dynos this way to assure that each piece will make the power no matter what the conditions are.)

Dyno Details:
- The test mule had absolutely no mods at base and only the header on the after pull the same exact day.
- In fact the header had to have a serious indent put into one of the runners to clear the steering knuckle to make the JDM header fit on the USDM car. This means that when we dyno the revised and finished version we should see an additional 3hp minimum.
- The pulls were made the same day with a temperature variance of only 2 degrees. The average temperature was 95.78 F and 30.53 in-HG. The power numbers are SAE.
- Lastly we did 3 base pulls and we took the middle one of the three. Then the header pull was only one that we could do completely because it was so hot that the car kept overheating. This also makes us very optimistic of the potential gains when we re-dyno we will try not to do it in the middle of the day so that the car will not overheat.
- Any questions call Power Toyz, a great tuner in Miami that was there to witness this all. They have no affiliation with Nexus. The owner is Robert and their number is 305-256-1023.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 10-28-2004, 12:28 PM
anubyss

Wouldn't it be a simple thing to pick someone that has been around for a while on this forum with a stock Z and another with a modded z and offer an incentive to them to install and dyno their rides? This would settle the disputes once and for all. I realize there will be some variance depending on the weather and the dyno used but some numbers from the people in this forum could really do wonders in reducing your inventory. If you are confident in the horsepower gains, what's a couple hundred dollars spent when the returns could be amazing from this one site alone. Eh just an opinion.

Yes I do understand that is what you've been trying to do with independent dyno testing but people are much more inclined to believe someone that's been around this forum a while than the word of some owner of a shop in Florida. Just one or two offers to someone no this site and perhaps another z forum should do the trick nicely.

Last edited by anubyss; 10-28-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
protocav

these headers don't look any different from the DC headers. same piping, and all merged into a single 2.25" collector. i think the DC's are good for about 5HP.

any headers that make power (Nismo, Crawford) have a smooth collector where the pipes are merged together slowly. take a look for yourself and compare.

it seems like the market is flooded with DC copies, and i bet they are all made in the same factory.

also, people need to get over this JDM bs. everything is JDM...who cares?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by anubyss
Wouldn't it be a simple thing to pick someone that has been around for a while on this forum with a stock Z and another with a modded z and offer an incentive to them to install and dyno their rides? This would settle the disputes once and for all. I realize there will be some variance depending on the weather and the dyno used but some numbers from the people in this forum could really do wonders in reducing your inventory. If you are confident in the horsepower gains, what's a couple hundred dollars spent when the returns could be amazing from this one site alone. Eh just an opinion.
it has been mentioned in another alphaworks thread that nexus is willing to do this with a stock z and similar atmospheric conditions for the dyno runs...this would certainly prove once and for all that they are legit or not...and quiet all the skeptics if indeed they are what they claim to be....
Old 10-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Nexusindustry

Hey guys,

We posted for you two video clips...check them out:
- Dyno w/ Alphawerks headers
- Rear of car w/ Alphawerks headers

Go to this link and then --> DYNOS --> 350Z

http://www.nexusindustry.com/alpha_interface_main.htm

Give me some credit guys email my bosses and tell them I am doing a good job here!!!

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 10-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by Nexusindustry
Hey guys,

We posted for you two video clips...check them out:
- Dyno w/ Alphawerks headers
- Rear of car w/ Alphawerks headers

Go to this link and then --> DYNOS --> 350Z

http://www.nexusindustry.com/alpha_interface_main.htm

Give me some credit guys email my bosses and tell them I am doing a good job here!!!

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
www.nexusindustry.com
no problem...i'll pat your back if you pat mine

Quick Reply: First one to have the alphawerks headers