Notices
Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
Positive
He said he wanted the Kaaz, so he bought it.
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Seller mavtais (12)
12-29-2006
mavtais
12-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Hope you are enjoying the Kaaz.
Question, how did you disable the ABS? I looked at the fuse box next to the battery and the ABS line along with the ignition is not a fuse, it's a hard wire solder. Is there another fuse somewhere else?
Reason I'm asking is because even with the Nismo (came with axle stubs), the ABS comes on. Again at about 7000 miles of driving on the differential, the ABS is kicking on uncontrollably due to the shock from the differential clutches releasing. Let me know how you did it, thanks.

Mat

Flee0588
01-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi, sorry for the late response, I dont get my private messages often. To disable your ABS, there is a plastic connection next to the actual differential, under the car. The connection connects to the speed sensors on the axle stubs. I need to warn you, if you disconnect this connection your ABS and BRAKE light will remain on until it is plugged together again. Another warning is that your ABS will engage for about 3 seconds after every time you start the car, this is because the speed sensor connection is broken.

gl. I heard that if you use the viscous axle stubs, this problem will go away. If you have any luck, give me a yell because i've been driving without ABS since I got the kaaz from you.

-fred