Notices
Japan 日本 Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Ginza, etc.

Looking for S130 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003 | 05:20 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Default Looking for S130 coilovers

I know cross posting is to be avoided, but I am hoping some of our freinds from verseas can help? Hey all....I have a '79 280 ZX with a good amount of work done to it since I bought it in '95. Car is fully built up, from motor to chassis. Right now I run Suspension techniques race springs with KYB struts, and it works well enough (very stiff and handles good...not comfortable at all). The cage we did also stiffened the car up significantly (welded in of course!).

Anyway, I am after a proper set of coilovers for the car, and I realize its tall order. Way back when in Japan, HKS, Tein and others had full coilover systems for these cars, but no more.

I know ground Control makes the sleeved set, but I am after a proper set of coilovers.....pillow ball mounts front and rear, adjustable lower perch, dampening adjustable. Just not into going the whole sleeved route.

so, has anyone done, or heard of a set that can be done.I realize the costs involved and given what I have into this car, it does not scare me, if the product gives me the desired results. I ahve contacted penske and Ohlins about doing a custom set, but neither got back to me (big surprise!). So, my next call would be to Carrera, and to Ground Control to see if they would do one of their full sets for me. Again, if this is a race only part, then so be it. As it is, I am lucky if this car will be driven moe than 5000 miles per year, as it is not exactly a daily driver at this point (though I did keep the A/C!)