Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Dealer won't fix tire feathering, tranny, or BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
JFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dealer won't fix tire feathering, tranny, or BOSE

I always figured my car had tire feathering due to the loud howl whenever I am slowing down. Well the other day i had the front tires off and i realized that the entire inside of my tires are gone. I have also been having problems with 6th gear grinding whenever you shift normally. On top of that the BLOSE has been skipping like an elementary school girl for the past few months. I figured it was time to have all of this fixed. I took the Z (2004 Touring) in at the beginning of the week to have everything fixed. Today i get a call from the service manager saying that tire feathering is only a problem on 2003 models and that they can't fix my car unless i wanna pay 75 dollars for alignment. I told him about everybody who has had this problem on the forum and that it shouldn't be my problem to pay for an alignment and it should be covered under warranty. He then proceeds to say that adjustments are only covered for the first 12,000 miles of the warranty. On top of that he said that the transmission is designed that way and a little noise when shifting into sixth is normal(I DOUBT NISSAN DESIGNED THE TRANSMISSION TO GRIND!) By this point i was furious. To put the icing on the cake, he then says that some models have had recalls for the radio but he checked the records and my model doesn't have a recall and that they won't replace the BOSE system. Sounds like they are too lazy to even check out my car and made up some BS!

WHAT DO I DO? I don't feel like paying out of pocket to have all of this fixed!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Call Nissan and let them know how unhappy you are with the dealer.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:25 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There does not have a recall to get things fixed under warranty.

Tell them: You want new front tires and alignment. Tell them to call nissan themselves and get authorization. Nissan WILL fix this issue. Next tell them your cd player is broke and you want a new one . . .no recall necessary. Then tell them to drive the car, note tranny problems and have them again talk to Nissan.

If they wont do it tell them you are going to open a case with NNA @ 1800NISSAN1.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:49 AM
samw1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing here with the tire feathering... Nissan only extended the front tire warranty on 2003s, Nissan Canada told me that they won't do anything... I'm still very pissed whenever I think of it
Old 03-19-2005, 05:11 PM
johnsZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Bose....

Well, the best fix for any Bose component (home or auto) is to replace it with anything else. I understand from various sources that Bose was to be replaced by a good car audio company, but somehow, in the ninth inning, Bose was restored to Nissan's good graces. Geez....
The feathering- I had mine fixed at 8500, with new tires (unfortunately the RE040s.) My dealer did the alignment and replacement with no problem, then Nissan sent me a card to get another replacement if needed if the problem returned. So, I would say you have a bum dealer... I now have 25000 on the car, with no further problems with the tires. When these burn out, I will replace with either Pirelli or Dunlop. Since any dealer will honor a warranty issue, I would shop for a good dealer and write the BBB about your first dealer.

The manual problem, I have the auto, so cannot comment.