Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Stuttering of car in 1st and 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 05:52 AM
wheatlam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttering of car in 1st and 2nd

I just bought a 2003 350z and noticed that if I'm in first or second gear and step hard on the gas the car sort of does this stutter (best word I can think of) before it finally catches on to the fact that I'm trying to get going in a hurry. I mentioned it to a friend and they said sometimes the computers in the car learn the way someone drives it and if you do something unexpected and it takes a while for it to catch on. To me that sounds odd and I'm concerned what this may be. I have an extended warranty so I'm pretty sure whatever it is I will be covered but I was hoping that someone had a similar experience and could explain this phenomenon to me or had some kind of idea what it could be. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thank you in advance!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:01 AM
redlinez

Try turning off your traction control and see if it still does it. You may be losing traction under hard acceleration and the computer is cutting power until wheelspin stops.

Bob
Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 AM
wheatlam

Thanks for the information. How do I turn the traction control off? Sorry I'm a relatively new 350z owner and don't know all the ins and outs quite yet.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
redlinez

Button, left lower dash, mine says VDC OFF, depending on model may say something else.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:45 PM
wrxroggie

Originally Posted by wheatlam
I just bought a 2003 350z and noticed that if I'm in first or second gear and step hard on the gas the car sort of does this stutter (best word I can think of) before it finally catches on to the fact that I'm trying to get going in a hurry. I mentioned it to a friend and they said sometimes the computers in the car learn the way someone drives it and if you do something unexpected and it takes a while for it to catch on. To me that sounds odd and I'm concerned what this may be. I have an extended warranty so I'm pretty sure whatever it is I will be covered but I was hoping that someone had a similar experience and could explain this phenomenon to me or had some kind of idea what it could be. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thank you in advance!
i have this same problem which just started after i got my new tranny and clutch last friday. i took it back to the dealer and they said it was the new plate hitting the old. i guess the old is warn and they said it will take a little while for them to wear together. This dealer has been awesome so i am taking their word for it. The service guy said to wait like 1 - 2k miles and then if i still have the prob bring it back in. So it could be that if the clutch / tranny was just replaced. Does this sound right to anyone?