Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

New tranny, window reg, tires, amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 04:30 PM
CoachZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tranny, window reg, tires, amp

I hit 4000 miles today -- 8 of them coming on my new tranny. I put a few more on just for good measure. Reviews:

1. Tranny + clevis: New tranny = delight. Smooth as can be, no grinding at all. A marked improvement. (Well duh, it's a new tranny.) And, as I thought when the new clevis was initially installed, shifting is entirely different and thrilling. The stiff clutch, increased resistance, and higher friction point meld perfectly with the short-throw shifter. Mmm, just a blast to speed shift now.

2. New amp: interesting -- no significant bass modulation so far. Not thrilled with the sound quality, but, what the hell, it's better than the Bose.

3. New window regulator: my passenger side window didn't re-seat proberly. No repeat of the problems. Not an exciting fix.

4. New tires: We'll beat this into the ground...but I told the Service Manager that I was hearing increased road noise at low speeds and he should check the tires. They called me and said Nissan approved 2 new tires b/c of uneven wear. Here's a hint -- if you have your tires replaced, make sure they put more than 28 PSI in. Stupid monitor starts screaming at me as soon as I pick up the car...fixed with a couple of extra pounds of air.

That's all I had done this week. Should anything else rupture, shatter, stop working, come unglued, fall off, or explode, I'll have it replaced and let you all know how it turns out.

T-minus how long until I can replace this one with the convertible?

Josh
Old 12-13-2002, 07:26 AM
j's350z

Default CoachZ

My Z is at the dealer right now getting the trans replaced also. I hace 4300 miles and a horroble syncro problem. A Engineering investigator took a ride with me and then tried replacing just the clevis and said it did nothing. So, they are swaping the whole trans...Hopefully my new one is as good as yours......

Jason
NJ

By the way, I'll be driving down to your area next week with my Z. I'll be staying in Pompano Beach from the 20th till the 5th if you want to meet up.......

Jason
NJ
jays350z@aol.com
Old 12-13-2002, 09:12 AM
CoachZ

Default Re: CoachZ

Originally posted by j's350z

By the way, I'll be driving down to your area next week with my Z. I'll be staying in Pompano Beach from the 20th till the 5th if you want to meet up.......

Jason
NJ
jays350z@aol.com
Good news, Jason -- if you kept the new clevis in, you'll like the feel once the new tranny is in.

I live about 5 minutes from Pompano Beach and I'm taking off work the 19th through the New Year. Much fun will be had, I'll PM you with contact info and we can meet up, hit some clubs, whatever.

Josh
Old 12-16-2002, 05:55 AM
j's350z

Your right......New trans in and it feels 100% better...Clutch feels more springy and a little firmer, I like it...
Josh,
see ya in a couple of days...........

Jason
NJ