Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Tires Feathering on the rear

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003 | 04:40 PM
Boomer

Default Tires Feathering on the rear

Are any owners reporting feathering on the rear tires? Did your dealer align the rear tires as authorized by Nissan? Do we need to put adjustable camber kits on our cars to counteract real camber problems? I haven't seen a post saying rear tire feathering is a problem in a post, is it?
Old 01-20-2003 | 04:57 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

When I took mine in for the front tires making noise they found the front tires both out of limit on Toewhen they check the alignment but they did all four wheels and also found the rear tires out
Old 01-20-2003 | 06:18 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by westpak
When I took mine in for the front tires making noise they found the front tires both out of limit on Toewhen they check the alignment but they did all four wheels and also found the rear tires out
Were they not feathering on the rear, or did you see them or they just told you? I'm asking because I referred my service writer to the fronts only.
Old 01-20-2003 | 06:27 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Originally posted by Boomer
Were they not feathering on the rear, or did you see them or they just told you? I'm asking because I referred my service writer to the fronts only.
I didn't notice the rears visually and the fronts I can't tell by looking but I can hear the rumble which is why I went in. At that time I went for a ride with the tech and he confirmed by the noise that it was tires so he put it up to check the alignment and while he was doing it he checked the rear and found it out, I was with him while he did it.
Old 01-20-2003 | 07:23 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by westpak
I didn't notice the rears visually and the fronts I can't tell by looking but I can hear the rumble which is why I went in. At that time I went for a ride with the tech and he confirmed by the noise that it was tires so he put it up to check the alignment and while he was doing it he checked the rear and found it out, I was with him while he did it.
Thanks, westpak. Only 1 so far, any others?