Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Warranty Administrator from Miami

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 04:53 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welcome to the right place!

Howdy from South Dade.

Had my baby just 8 days. Need to come by for some minor issues.

We will enjoy having your input about warranty coverage, specialy on the "mods" we might make to our cars and how "ok" are they as they relate to the warranty.

Sergio.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:44 PM
VR3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome ! I look forward on any feedback you may give us on our Zs. Do you have any solid info on why people are having tranny/clutch problems? Can it be isolate to vin, model trim, build date? Also, on the tire issue?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:30 PM
stevew

Welcome. Thank you for entering the forum. I am awaiting delivery of my Z with baited breath. The problem that seems to be affecting a significant number of owners is the alignment and tire wear issues. Any "inside knowledge" you can bring to that issue would be much appreciated.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:04 PM
z327

Can you get information on the driver seat movement & popping noise issue? Every time I make a left turn the seat moves a little and makes an audible popping noise. This doesn't just occur during hard cornering. You can hear it in a parking lot. The dealership I took it to in Dallas tightened everything up to no avail. They said they put in a call to the Nissan tech line, but its been weeks and they have not called me back. I emailed Nissan USA and got no response.
I have the cloth seats.

Any info would be great.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:13 PM
iboost

Default Welcome Aboard

Just thought I'd chime in here regarding Maroone.

Although I didn't purchase my Z there, I have taken it to Maroone for my warranty claims since its close to my home. The first visit was for the Bose fix -- they handled that spectacularly. The 2nd was for the infamous "pulling right" issue. They took care of it (toe was out of spec) rather well, however the car feels like it has started to pull to the right once again. Will have to stop by when I get a chance...

I've also developed a passenger side visor rattle as of late that I would also Maroone to look at. These are all minor things that I'd rather attack all on one trip rather than individually once I notice them, hence my not going sooner.

Personally, I can't say enough about my usual service advisor, Val, at Maroone on Pines Blvd. The guy is always on top of things regarding my issues and must be sick of seeing my face at the dealership nearly every month. Nevertheless, he's always treated me professionally and like an old friend at the same time.

Maroone was also kind enough to share the Bose Audio Pilot TSB with me that I had scanned & shared on here a while back. I had another dealer in the area that didn't want to share this document with me, but a simple "may I have a copy of the TSB for my records?" was enough for someone at Maroone to help me out.

Maroone_MIA: Could you be so kind as to share any present & future TSBs with us?

Again, welcome aboard... good to have a friend on the inside.

Regards,

iboost
Old 01-28-2003, 07:18 PM
westpak
SFZCC

iboost are you going to join us at Tower Shops next Friday Feb 7th?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=17216
Old 01-29-2003, 07:08 AM
del105
15 f125

Maroone is the problem with the rear shocks being looked into?
Old 01-29-2003, 07:30 AM
bigdog

Hi Maroone_MIA, the statement that you made regarding the service tech's mnot having the training on the tranny problem(3rd gear grinding), is that the case for most dealerships. I just dropped my z off at the dealership I purchased it from and that are looking into the issue. The previous dealer I took it to said it was the fluid and changed it. I did not beleive him, but went along with it. In all actuallity since the fluid change the whole tranny has been worse then before I dropped the car off. I do wnat to beleive my dealership is honest and will do right by me, I am not upset about the issue as long as is is righted.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:36 PM
hfm

Default Re: Warranty Administrator from Miami

Originally posted by Maroone_MIA
Hi People,

One of the things I enjoy doing is hearing comments or complaints from Nissan owners and sharing this information with Nissan corporate.
I'll be reading these posts to record information to share with Nissan in order to better the product.

Hi. Hope they pay you for your time here.

Know anything about a rattle that comes from the passenger side door area? It's transitory and often starts up on rough/bumpy road. Sounds metalic or plastic, kinda tingy.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:28 PM
syf0n

Would it be totally evil to ask if about the problems with the Bose sound system? Have you heard any...'rumors'....about that being overhauled or replaced? Thanks

Last edited by syf0n; 01-29-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Re: Warranty Administrator from Miami

Originally posted by hfm
Hi. Hope they pay you for your time here.

Know anything about a rattle that comes from the passenger side door area? It's transitory and often starts up on rough/bumpy road. Sounds metalic or plastic, kinda tingy.

Thanks.
My dealer just fixed my rattle which sounded kind like a ringing. They isolated it to the panel behind the seats. They insulated the panel and the rattle is gone.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:33 PM
uro279

Default Synthetic fluids and warranty

Welcome and thanks for your help!
My question is regarding synthetic fluids and warranty. In general, if we put synthetic fluids in our Z, regardless of whether it's the engine, tranny, brakes, diff, etc, if we follow Nissan's spec requirements, will that be a problem with warranty?

Also, is it true that if the dealer installs or replaces fluids of our choice, is that automatically warrantied?

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2003, 06:02 AM
bigdog

Originally posted by Maroone_MIA
It's not about training our tech's. It's about Nissan charging our dealer an arm and a leg for required special tools we've yet to receive. I can't speak for other dealers - - I can only tell you my experience thus far. Your service manager should be hoppin on the phone to tech-line for resolution. If you feel you're not getting anywhere, call 1-800-NISSAN-1 and generate a consumer affairs follow up with the dealer.

If this turns out to be a backorder problem then this becomes a Nissan issue... not a dealer issue. Believe me, your dealer wants nothing more than to get your Z fixed and out of the shop. As for what the dealer did about the fluid, I don't see what that has to do with 3rd gear grinding. I'm not a tech. but I will ask one who did a replacement recently and get back to you.
Thanks for the reply, actually I did cal 1800 nissan and talked to a women Named Ashanta, who was wonderful to deal with. I will be sending a letter to her mgr. commending the great customer service she provided. Well to make a long story short, my dealer cannot repair the tranny for the same reason you mentioned above. They were very responsive and helpful. They plan on replacing the tranny, but unfortunately it is on back order. They are not sure how long the back order is but promised me they would replace the tranny and fix the problem. All in all I feel that Nissan is standing behind their product and I will be a happy satisfied customer. Seeing how this is my first Nissan, the customer service means alot.

again thanks for the response.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:22 AM
slaponte

Wink about the rattle by the pass door...

Is the passanger seat belt on it's hook??

Every time I hear one like that on mine, it turns out to be the seat blet is loose...

I myself have started hearing a squeeky sound from behind me. It could be that compartment door somebody mentioned. I will look into the sounds and rattles TSB when I visit Maroone service tomorrow...

12 days
1650 miles
one ding (rock on the turnpike, on the driver door)

Things to do tomorrow :

- Bose amp TSB (order amp)
- tire pressure (no) signal on one rim
- check toe and alignment
- oil and filter
Old 01-30-2003, 07:19 AM
hfm

Default Re: about the rattle by the pass door...

Originally posted by slaponte
Is the passanger seat belt on it's hook??

Every time I hear one like that on mine, it turns out to be the seat blet is loose...

I myself have started hearing a squeeky sound from behind me. It could be that compartment door somebody mentioned. I will look into the sounds and rattles TSB when I visit Maroone service tomorrow...

1650 miles

Have 8k miles on the car. Trust me, I know the difference between the seatbelt rattle and this tingy rattle that seems to be coming from the passenger door.

Quick Reply: Warranty Administrator from Miami