Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Control Arm Bent?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:54 PM
one350zfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Arm Bent?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=wrecked

The thread shows the wreck. Got my parts and lined up paint, then went to get an alignment before I drove it across town. The tech said the right wheel toe was way out(which I knew) and they couldn't get it back in so he recommended replacing the control arm. The car was pulling hard right and most of the force from the accident was absorbed by the wheel and tire. Any opinions before I go buy a control arm? Could it be something else?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:57 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by one350zfan

The thread shows the wreck. Got my parts and lined up paint, then went to get an alignment before I drove it across town. The tech said the right wheel toe was way out(which I knew) and they couldn't get it back in so he recommended replacing the control arm. The car was pulling hard right and most of the force from the accident was absorbed by the wheel and tire. Any opinions before I go buy a control arm? Could it be something else?
If your control arm is bent, just get a new one. It'll save you alot of heart ache.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by one350zfan

Sorry to hear of your accident. I had an almost identical situation in my '05. I was going through a right hand sweeper at 70mph and mis shifted into 2nd instead of 4th. My baby spun like a record in a jukebox. I was a little luckier than you. I only got an abrasion scratch on the passenger side of the front bumper but my wheel was also bent outward. I was having a suspension upgrade a few days later so I was even luckier. But I did need to have the tie rods, control arm / a-arm replaced. You will HAVE to replace the controlarm. I would suggest a thorough inspection to determine the scope of the damage. You will have to replace ALL of the damaged pieces, probably at least the tie rod, control arm / a-arm. GOOD LUCK !!!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:17 AM
one350zfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was two lower control arms and the spindle!