Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

i've just about f'in had it

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 PM
themyst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i've just about f'in had it

For the people who haven't heard of the problems i've had with my car, here is a laundry list.

1. Rack and pinion + steering pump needed to be replaced under warranty.
2. 3rd gear grind, total refusal to fix under warranty, due to the fact the tech could not replicate it.

Once that was fixed:

2. Clunking sound underneath the car.

After dealer tightened up all the screws (or so they say) NOW...

3. I took a normal turn and i heard a loud pop, and i was like eh, can't be that bad, then my steering wheel was totally out of alignment, the VDC and SLIP lights stayed lit, and my car was shaking unbelievably... MUST take into dealership tomorrow... and then must call NNA to demand a NEW car... or face an attorney for lemon law.

This car is truly a lemon.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:21 PM
zeroday

vin#?
Old 02-26-2003, 08:36 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that does suck, but sadly its inevitable, there are lemon laws for a reason, just try and get what is yours, and move past the stress and time. not much else you can do.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:26 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i've just about f'in had it

2. Clunking sound underneath the car.
Could you explain in more detail what the clunking sound is? Is it when you first start to move the car after it has been idle overnight?
Old 02-27-2003, 06:58 AM
Blue350zCali

It seems like you have a good case for the Lemon Law, just try to get a good deal on a new one for all your "Pain and Suffering"
Old 02-27-2003, 09:23 AM
themyst

my vin # is 957... one of the early production models

I just contacted my NNA rep (shes been working with me for the last 2 months on my car) and left a message, hopefully she will get back to me today.

If they refuse to do a buyback or at the very least give me a new 350z, I will go ahead and contact lemon law attorneys in the area and file suit. The car has not been out of commission 30 days, (as per my state's lemon law) but the car has gone into service 3 times for the same thing (steering problems). Personally I hope Nissan will acknowledge this car is a lemon and hopefully we won't have to take this to court.

And that clunking sound - the rep just tightened a few bolts (thats what he said) and the clunking sound went away.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Blue350zCali

Good luck with NNA, I hope they give you a new Z (that would be cool) with no problems of course. Keep us posted.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:23 PM
themyst

Oh boy, my blood is boiling right now... dealer called me back, states that I caused the damage myself and that they're charging me 275 bucks to fix it... I don't think so.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:54 AM
WashUJon

It sounds like its time to get a lawyer...

The behavior you're describing for the most recent issue seems like a tie rod popped off or even worse. I can't see how anyone could possibly do that to a car unless you physically used your own bare hands to screw it up, which isn't likely. That's like attempted suicide.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:54 AM
travanx

Thumbs down

Yikes good luck with the lemon law. I am just about over with mine for my Spec V. At this point I don't think Nissan cares about lemon cars. You can read my thread about the hassles I went through. http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...5&pagenumber=5

BTW expect this to take around 6 months with a lawyer.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:26 AM
sluggo20031

Originally posted by themyst
my vin # is 957... one of the early production models

I just contacted my NNA rep (shes been working with me for the last 2 months on my car) and left a message, hopefully she will get back to me today.

If they refuse to do a buyback or at the very least give me a new 350z, I will go ahead and contact lemon law attorneys in the area and file suit. The car has not been out of commission 30 days, (as per my state's lemon law) but the car has gone into service 3 times for the same thing (steering problems). Personally I hope Nissan will acknowledge this car is a lemon and hopefully we won't have to take this to court.

And that clunking sound - the rep just tightened a few bolts (thats what he said) and the clunking sound went away.
Be careful. Lemon Laws are different in each state. Illinois is 3 identical problems that can't be resolved (major problems). And it has to be within 1 year/12,000 miles CHECK OUT your state's law---- be well educated going into the battle
Old 03-02-2003, 08:03 PM
themyst

Well, regardless of what happens, I won't be a 350z owner after all is said and done. My NNA rep will have some sort of response by Tuesday, all I can do is wait. All I can pray for is a buyback. In the meantime, I can do the research for my next car. I was thinking BMW 330ci, C320 ... or maybe even the Z's cousin (sigh) the G35 coupe 6MT.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the 350z, when it was actually up and running it was a fun car, but if i'm without the car more often than not, it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth... I just got a bad apple, thats all. For the last two months, I've been hitching rides in my coworkers pickup truck, paying for cab rides home for those days i stay at work late, and taking a 2 hour commute via railroad vs. a 20-minute drive (because the railroad goes in a big circle around my intended line of travel). To add insult to injury, I've been making payments on this car while it was out of commission. I just hope NNA has a heart and gives me what I want. I really wanted to keep the Z, but unfortunately I can't after what just happened.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:43 AM
WashUJon

Write a letter to Nissan, as well, explaining your situation and your dissatisfaction with the car. Sometimes when you send a letter to the corporation, they have something to say back to you. Good luck.