Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Still having idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:35 AM
slowerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still having idle problems

I have an 03 and the idle sits at about 1100rpm. I did the idle volume relearn. It drops the idle to 700, when I turn the car off and then back on it goes right back to about 1100rpms. The only code I get is p0507. I took it to the dealer and I guess they did the same thing. They said they could not figure it out. Has anyone heard of this. Any suggestions? I have already tried checking for leaks and checked the pcv. The idle is not erratic, and does not change in different conditions. I changed all intake piping as well.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by slowerz
I have an 03 and the idle sits at about 1100rpm. I did the idle volume relearn. It drops the idle to 700, when I turn the car off and then back on it goes right back to about 1100rpms. The only code I get is p0507. I took it to the dealer and I guess they did the same thing. They said they could not figure it out. Has anyone heard of this. Any suggestions? I have already tried checking for leaks and checked the pcv. The idle is not erratic, and does not change in different conditions. I changed all intake piping as well.

sounds like a bad ecu. find another board member in your area with a Z and see if you can swap it. That would help determine if that is infact the culprit. Either that or the TPS signal is incorrect. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 AM
slowerz

Yeah I think it might be a tps problem. I reset the light and it will stay off, when I get on heavy throttle then let off it comes on. But when I drive conservative the light stays off. Also when I shut the car off the throttle valve makes a wierd sound, like its stuck or scraping. It is not the regular sound of the valve closing. It could be the tps because I had nitrous installed connecting to the tps. I am going to try to switch out the throttle vavle with I friends and see what happens.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
alrific

When you did idle air learn did your scanner tell you it had been completed.
What did you use to perform idle air? Did you use Consult or an aftermarket
scanner? If idle air was not done right the car will do exactly what your explaining. Doubtful its an ecm. W/the drive by wire system having everything sealed into the single unit of the throttle body wiring nitrous into the tps could block the ecm's ability to relearn the idle. And yea your right the nitrous is making the throttle make that sound.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:08 AM
thommy

Look at this:
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/...NTB05-067-.htm