Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Car dying-alternator maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:23 PM
drivenCSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car dying-alternator maybe?

i know theres a few threads like this just seeing if anyone has any other input.

my Z is 4.5 years old FYI...just have a popcharger as far as mods

While I was driving(kinda sitting in traffic) the car just died on me...I think the interior lights were still on but thats about it. Tried to jump it but it wouldnt hold for any more than a minute or so. I replaced the battery and since then its been fine. That was about a Month and a half ago

well yesterday, the same thing happened similar situation. I had just turned on the AC, had the radio on, and all. So i tried to start it and it gave me a few clicks but didnt turn over. I let it sit for a minute and then it started up fine. I drove to work and it was fine all day today. Any ideas?

it kinda feels like im getting a little lagging in lower RPMS as well(but that could just be in my head)
Old 03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
ShadowHunter66

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
i know theres a few threads like this just seeing if anyone has any other input.

my Z is 4.5 years old FYI...just have a popcharger as far as mods

While I was driving(kinda sitting in traffic) the car just died on me...I think the interior lights were still on but thats about it. Tried to jump it but it wouldnt hold for any more than a minute or so. I replaced the battery and since then its been fine. That was about a Month and a half ago

well yesterday, the same thing happened similar situation. I had just turned on the AC, had the radio on, and all. So i tried to start it and it gave me a few clicks but didnt turn over. I let it sit for a minute and then it started up fine. I drove to work and it was fine all day today. Any ideas?

it kinda feels like im getting a little lagging in lower RPMS as well(but that could just be in my head)
how many miles do you have?
Its not the starter since its still turning on and theres a new battery.. so really the only most reasonable cause would be the alternator. To make sure things are alright, take your car down to AutoZone or Pepboys and they'll do a free ( atleast last time i heard it was free) check on it.