Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

$50 bucks to the 1st to answer this POA question-wiring color codeon fuse box conectr

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Notthd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $50 bucks to the 1st to answer this POA question-wiring color codeon fuse box conectr

I will be happy to give $50 bucks to the first person who can tell me the wiring color code to the E101 connector which plugs into the back of the Fuse Block on a 2005 350Z convertible with 18” wheels. The fuse block is in the drivers side floor board and clipped above the BCM unit. There are 3 10mm blots that hold it in. I was able to inspect a coupe without unplugging the BCM but I have 6 wires, the coupe has 5. I have an extra White with a green stripe the coupe does not. I need to know the color code for the 6 wires connected of the 8 pin connecter ( three on top, five on the bottom) on the top center of the rear of the fuse block. Above the 2 blue relays. I feel the top three are used and only three of five on the bottom are used….. Anyone willing to help a Z Brother out? Neither the Dealer or my Nissian service manual carrries color codes, only hareness connections for the fuse block..

I can send you a drawing of what I am looking for if anyone needs, I have a full service manual with drawings if anyone needs a dwg for any problem they might be having..
Regards – Mike

Connector E101 looks like

* 3c x x 2c 1c *
-----------------
*8c 7c 6c 5c 4c *

three wires on top two blanks
five wires on bottom.

HELP

Last edited by Notthd; 03-13-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you talking about fuse box J/B? (see page PG-64 item just above item A)

Page PG-72 has the connector which is E105.

PG-10 has the color code for the J/B:

Page PG-15 shows a White with Green strip wire connecting to 7C
The guy feeds a 10A fuse to a circuit called "LT-DTRL" thru fuse 9. I assume you have the rest of the wires back in place - if you need those just IM me.

Your choice on the payment- either a blood donation or $50 to the American Red Cross or a military service related charity like the Navy Relief.

Last edited by Paul350Z; 03-13-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Notthd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the pages you were referencing and I was able to reconnect E-101, I found the wiring as you had stated in the Power block and routing circuit diagrams. Once I saw that there was not a single drawing with a color code but the pin assignment for the connector in each of the function drawings, the light came on!! ( in my head ) You were correct, White /green was 7C. I had the car's BCM reassigned to my keys at the dealer and VROOOMMMM. Back on the road.

Although I have never done it before and am very nervous, at your request I have signed up to give blood here at work. Pushing the envelope I guess...

Thanks Again